Software API to output music files on BDP-3?

mcochris

Software API to output music files on BDP-3?
« on: 20 Apr 2024, 12:43 am »
I have a new BDP-3, awaiting MM replacement/update. In the meantime, I've swapped out the motherboards' SSD with the latest version of Debian. I'm writing a simple web interface to play my music files, but I can't figure out how to send the music files to the output board. The PC motherboard in the BDP sends the files over an internal USB port to the output board. I'm having a hard time finding the relevant original source code that does this. Any ideas about how to output the music files?

Thanks!

jcn3

Re: Software API to output music files on BDP-3?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2024, 03:27 pm »
I have a new BDP-3, awaiting MM replacement/update. In the meantime, I've swapped out the motherboards' SSD with the latest version of Debian. I'm writing a simple web interface to play my music files, but I can't figure out how to send the music files to the output board. The PC motherboard in the BDP sends the files over an internal USB port to the output board. I'm having a hard time finding the relevant original source code that does this. Any ideas about how to output the music files?

Thanks!

if you want to use your bdp-3, why not us mm or roon or some other control software?  you obviously enjoy tinkering!

mcochris

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2024, 06:41 am »
It looks like the Roon server (ROCK) has only been tested on Intel NUC computers and involves a Roon specific BIOS flash. A foreign BIOS flash could easily brick the BDP-3's Jetway motherboard.  While I'd prefer to stick with the moose, I want to explore alternatives.

I've since worked out a way to use the BDP-3's sound card. I'm testing it with my BDA-3 DAC to make sure the BDP output is accurate. I'm currently using OpenBSD as the operating system, HTML and Typescript as the web client front end, and the Rust programming language as the web server back end.

jcn3

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2024, 06:25 pm »
It looks like the Roon server (ROCK) has only been tested on Intel NUC computers and involves a Roon specific BIOS flash. A foreign BIOS flash could easily brick the BDP-3's Jetway motherboard.  While I'd prefer to stick with the moose, I want to explore alternatives.

I've since worked out a way to use the BDP-3's sound card. I'm testing it with my BDA-3 DAC to make sure the BDP output is accurate. I'm currently using OpenBSD as the operating system, HTML and Typescript as the web client front end, and the Rust programming language as the web server back end.

i don't think the bdp-3 has the horsepower to run roon server.  it should already support running roon bridge.