Capfest

klaus@odyssey

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.odysseyaudio.com
Capfest
« on: 2 Sep 2015, 09:43 pm »
Another show, some more impressions...Lou, your room was so soothing and emotional...wonderful...and fun...

also, for those of you who don't know:  Lou has one of the nicest and coolest guys ever working for him,  and we all loved to be around him......Lucas, it was great to meet you,

Klaus

monte

Re: Capfest
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2015, 10:04 pm »
Klaus you are so right.I talked to Lucas for awhile and listened to all kinds of music.Then Lou came in ,talked a little and put on money for nothing and proceeded to crank it up. I had a great time in that room.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2015, 01:16 am »
Very nice room:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2015, 01:16 am »

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2015, 05:46 am »
Another show, some more impressions...Lou, your room was so soothing and emotional...wonderful...and fun...

also, for those of you who don't know:  Lou has one of the nicest and coolest guys ever working for him,  and we all loved to be around him......Lucas, it was great to meet you,

Klaus

Thanks Klaus!  I also as always was knocked out by your room! I was so pleased that Lucas came to the show, he makes the work fun.
Now if I can just convince him to come along to RMAF :D

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2015, 05:32 pm »
boy are those Argos beautiful

I was sold on getting a pair of Athenas for my HT but might need to step it up

Lou - are those wooden cable lifters on the lower left?

I am curious about your analog rig, the turntable / cartridge / arm

I am sure it sounded magical

the glowing reviews will be following shortly

MegaHz

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2015, 01:38 am »
audiotom-  are you referring to the Poseidons?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 4 Sep 2015, 04:42 pm »
boy are those Argos beautiful

I was sold on getting a pair of Athenas for my HT but might need to step it up

Lou - are those wooden cable lifters on the lower left?

I am curious about your analog rig, the turntable / cartridge / arm

I am sure it sounded magical

the glowing reviews will be following shortly

Yes those are some cable lifters I made, wood and EMI foam, they are useful when crossing power cables.

The TT was the VPI Avenger, we used a few different cartridges and arms (3D). Dan is getting a new cartridge that Harry recommended, send me an email and I can try to get you more info...

It really sounded great. :D

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #9 on: 8 Sep 2015, 04:12 pm »
thanks Lou

the Part Time Audio review has everything listed

Your speakers sound great with a full range of gear not just the upper echelon of equipment

That said, every upgrade I have made has shown the speakers refined qualities in spades

I swapped out a new tone arm and was amazed

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2015, 05:34 pm »
I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more at the show, Lou, but I wanted to again say my thanks!

I have been excited to see the variety of things coming from your shop as of late.  The artistry in your craftsmanship has been well renowned here for quite a while, but it is so exciting to be able to see you spread out on so many unique projects.  I hope it has served to fulfill your creativity in what can at times feel a somewhat mundane day to day of production work.

It is the little things that really reveal your passion as one creating heirloom calibre items, and I'm glad we got at least a little time to meet face to face.  These same refinements you've made in the sound from your speakers should, now that they've been in the wild for a bit, be giving cost no object companies pause.  If I were almost anyone, I would be a little nervous about where the bar will be set in Denver on the very high end of the industry.

Along with the sound, what resonates with me in what you build is the feeling that you are genuinely building something to last a lifetime, which I think as culturally people find their lost balance from the recent past of always chasing after "the next big thing" will put you in good company with customers looking both for something great and something with great value.

My best to you, and I will surely see you next time!