New member and soon to be new owner

Shakeydeal

New member and soon to be new owner
« on: 16 Feb 2012, 01:52 pm »
Greetings all. I am a brand new member, but have been a member on Audio Asylum (Ozzy) since it's inception. I am looking forward to interfacing with everyone here.

I just ordered an Amadeus and DPS yesterday. I hope to replace my Nottingham Ace Spacedeck/Ace-Spacearm. I am really looking forward to hearing what the Amadeus can do after reading all the positive press on it.

Shakey

roscoeiii

Re: New member and soon to be new owner
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2012, 12:07 am »
Well, if you still have the Spacedeck, we will certainly look forward to your comparison. Welcome to this Circle.

As you may or may not have seen, the other frequently recommended upgrade for this table is the Auditorium 23 mat. The only mat that seems to have made much of an improvement from what I have read. About $100. Don Better Audio in Cleveland and Pitch Perfect in the SF area both carry them. Just got mine this week and loving it.

Still need to get around to the DPS, especially since it can be used with the Dyna P75 phono pre as well.

What cart will you be using?

Shakeydeal

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2012, 01:26 am »
I have the Boston Audio Mat-1 on the spacedeck and I will try it on the WT too. I bought the DPS too, but it won't ship until Monday. The table will be here tomorrow.

I have a Benz Micro L2 wood body cartridge.

Shakey

Erocka2000

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2012, 02:45 am »
Congratulations! I think I'm the one who recommended the WTA on your Asylum thread. You made an excellent purchase. I actually just assembled mine tonight. I went with an EMT TSD-15 cartridge and the Auditorium 23 mat. The DPS is for another day. Listening to the Muddy Waters - Folk Singer 200g 45rpm reissu and it is just spectacular. You're in for a real treat!

Shakeydeal

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2012, 03:31 am »
Hi Erocka,

Yes, that was me, Ozzy, on AA. I have heard nothing but good things about this table and I am excited to hear it.

Was it easy to set up?

Shakey

Erocka2000

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2012, 05:35 am »
Assembling the table is easy, but attaching the cartridge was nerve-wracking.  The EMT has no body so there wasn't many places to hold it. But overall it wasn't too bad.  And the great thing is that you don't have to worry about aligning the cartridge once it's on.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm »
Got it set up earlier. I really like it!

Shakey

roscoeiii

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2012, 10:14 pm »
Enjoy.

Douger

« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2012, 04:02 am »
Congratulations! If I had to replace my 294 with something other than a Nott, the WTA would be my first pick.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm »
Judging from what I hear, you should do it even if you don't have to......

Shakey

threadkiller

« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2012, 05:28 pm »
Welcome, congrats and enjoy!