FS: DIY Open Baffle Troels Gravesen OBL-15 Speakers

vassils

FS my beloved open baffle OBL-15 speakers. More about this project here: http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/OBL-15.htm My build is listed here and these are the speakers I am selling: http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/OBL-15_Vassil.htm

You really need to hear them to understand how good those are.  I am really sad to post this ad, but these are too big for my apartment, and I am building another set of much more expensive speakers that would fit my living room better. I would limit the ad to local pick up in the Chicago. This way you can come and listen to these first.

I have put over $3,500 for materials in these speakers and quite a bit of labor. They have upgraded caps, resistors, wire, 1.5’’ thick best quality baltic birch, etc. I have both tweeters from the kit - the Audax TW034XOP47N and T35C002 tweeters, but I liked the sound of the more expensive SEAS T35C002 better, so I left that one. After using the 15’’ Eminence woofer for a while, I switched back to the Ciare NDH 15-4S and kept the Ciare.
Speakers are laminated with black gloss formica in the front and with matte black in the back.

Asking price: $2,500 $2,400

« Last Edit: 5 Jan 2019, 12:34 am by vassils »

richidoo

Re: FS: DIY Open Baffle Troels Gravesen OBL-15 Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2018, 12:26 am »
Wow, those are beautiful! Black Formica is a great idea!
Good luck with your sale!
Rich

danvprod

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2018, 12:32 am »
Sweet build. I bet these sound amazing. I love all of TGs designs. GLWYS.

vassils

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2018, 04:20 pm »
Anyone interested?

vassils

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2019, 12:35 am »
Price reduced.