Spatial vs Pure Audio Project

classical music lover

Spatial vs Pure Audio Project
« on: 12 Jun 2018, 10:35 pm »
I have heard Spatial and really liked them.  I am looking at possibily buying the either the M3 Triode or X2 but would like to hear the PAP line before I make my final decision.  Who has heard the PAP speakers and what did you think of them? I know this is a Spatial forum but I am looking for some additional info before I pull the trigger proably on the M3 or X2.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Spatial vs Pure Audio Project
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2018, 10:46 pm »
This is a topic for Open Baffle Circle.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=90.0

classical music lover

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2018, 11:02 pm »
Ok. Thank you!

Don_S

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2018, 11:18 pm »
CML,

Not sure where you are located.  PureAudioProject will be here in July.

https://caaudioshow.com/2018-list-of-companies/

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2018, 11:21 pm »
I've heard them both, and before the X2 came out I would have said the PAPs were the way to go.  After hearing the X2s at RMAF last year, it's just no contest.  The PAPs are very good speakers.  But the X2s are world-beaters.

roscoeiii

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2018, 11:46 pm »
I've heard them both, and before the X2 came out I would have said the PAPs were the way to go.  After hearing the X2s at RMAF last year, it's just no contest.  The PAPs are very good speakers.  But the X2s are world-beaters.

Funny. I had the exact opposite experience at AXPONA. I came in with high expectations of the X2. Left the show more impressed with PAP with the horn tweeter.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2018, 11:55 pm »
I have heard Spatial and really liked them.  I am looking at possibily buying the either the M3 Triode or X2 but would like to hear the PAP line before I make my final decision.  Who has heard the PAP speakers and what did you think of them? I know this is a Spatial forum but I am looking for some additional info before I pull the trigger proably on the M3 or X2.

Which PAPs were you considering?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:05 am »
Funny. I had the exact opposite experience at AXPONA. I came in with high expectations of the X2. Left the show more impressed with PAP with the horn tweeter.

Haha, well it just goes to show you that audio is subjective :lol:

classical music lover

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:56 am »
I was thinking the trio voxativ.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2018, 03:47 am »
I was thinking the trio voxativ.

I haven't heard those but right off the bat the position of the FR driver is positioned waaaaaay too low for my liking. Most people want their tweeters at ear level; myself I prefer the mid band at ear level.