Absolute sound review from Axpona - Chicago

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
Absolute sound review from Axpona - Chicago
« on: 4 May 2014, 05:50 am »
Another glowing review at a major audio show

Absolute Sound loves the Argos

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/axpona-2014-loudspeakers-and-electronics-under-15k/

Congrats Lou

shahed

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Re: Absolute sound review from Axpona - Chicago
« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2014, 06:58 pm »
Thanks for posting these links!  It was a great show and people are starting to hear that the version.2 sets these speakers in another class.

"....produce a sound unlike any box speakers I’ve heard in this price range"  from TAS

We had several people who practically camped out in the room and many others who just kept coming back, including several reviewers! We were always busy.

Friday as often happens we had a couple of glitches that kept us from our best sound, but we found and fixed that Friday eve and the sound was 100% better Sat. & Sun. 

Dan's new DAC and Phono Stage are just amazing, and I'm rediscovering the true sonic value of vinyl!

I'm really looking forward to the show in DC where we will have two rooms, one standard size with the Muse and the other a very large room with what I consider the complete package; a set of Ulysses V.2 and a pair of the Bow. Yes, we will have vinyl in that room.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2014, 07:19 pm »

Dan's new DAC and Phono Stage are just amazing, and I'm rediscovering the true sonic value of vinyl!

Lou, you know I love to see you posting about the true sonic value of vinyl. :thumb: I was privileged to be one of Dan's beta testers/reviewers for his new phono stage and it truly is a terrific piece of gear.

I'm really looking forward to the show in DC where we will have two rooms, one standard size with the Muse and the other a very large room with what I consider the complete package; a set of Ulysses V.2 and a pair of the Bow. Yes, we will have vinyl in that room.

Now that vinyl is back in your room I am likely to be one of those that camps out. :D

Really glad to see the great reviews and that the reviewers are hearing what I get to hear at home. The version 2 is the best of several really good upgrades--a definite game changer.

Congrats Lou!

Laura

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2014, 03:11 pm »

Lou

interesting you are now seeing the draw of vinyl

It must be related to how great that phono stage is
because you had Thom's Galibier table at the RMAF 2011 show
(I have a Gavia - they are all that)

That was my first introduction to your speakers and the Ulysses really filled a very large room dynamically with true tonality even at modest volumes