Raffle at CAF

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Raffle at CAF
« on: 23 Jul 2013, 05:26 am »
we will have a raffle in our two rooms at CAF.  just sign the sheet with name and email and the lucky winner gets $1,000 in WyWires product.

Phil A

Re: Raffle at CAF
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2013, 12:03 pm »
Sounds great, Alex makes nice cables.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2013, 03:27 pm »
Sounds great, Alex makes nice cables.

yes he does!  I have worked closely with him this past year and he is constantly improving his product, I feel his cables are among the very best at any price! not to mention that he is a great guy and totally a straight shooter.  ( is that an outdated expression???) :?

thanks,
lou

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2013, 04:10 pm »
Lou, it's OK to be outdated.  As I tells the kids at work, I'm not on Facebook but I am starting Faceliftbook :green:   Lou, I've had a pair of Alex's cables as part of a trial before he formally sold them.  I make my own and was going to go into the business about 8 years back but changed my mind.  I spent lots of time trying different things and probably at one point had enough raw wire to stretch across the US.  I've also owned many different brands and had access to a retail store after hours (where a friend worked) before and after starting to make my own.  So I received the cable after having compared my stuff to things much more expensive (in fact, I met a friend helping to deliver his system and one day when he borrowed an SACD player from the store and forgot to get cables, called me and I gave them some of mine to try the player and he did an A/B vs. a very expensive brand, unknown to me, and he called me the next day and ended up selling that expensive stuff and getting my cables) stuff and was skeptical.  I did find my cables pretty close to his but his were clearly a little improvement and that really surprised me.  So I got more of WyWires cables and for what they cost by the time I would buy materials (which in some cases means a quantity larger than I would want), there really is not a big difference.  Great guy to deal with as you noted as well

roadkingraw

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2013, 04:41 am »
So, am I to understand you have to attend the CAF or can you sign up without attending?  I am confused!
Randy

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2013, 12:08 pm »
So, am I to understand you have to attend the CAF or can you sign up without attending?  I am confused!
Randy

At the CAF, there are rooms with sign up sheets to enter give aways.  The OP says "we will have a raffle in our two rooms at CAF.  just sign the sheet..." There is no online sheet.

david12

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2013, 02:59 pm »
 At Lou's suggestion, I use the Wywire Speaker cable made for Daedalus, with the Daedalus Logo on. I am not sure if they differ from the usual Wywires line up. They really are very good and comparable, but more neutral than the $5000 wires I replaced them with(I did'nt pay $5000 needless to say, got them second hand)

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2013, 04:09 pm »
At Lou's suggestion, I use the Wywire Speaker cable made for Daedalus, with the Daedalus Logo on. I am not sure if they differ from the usual Wywires line up. They really are very good and comparable, but more neutral than the $5000 wires I replaced them with(I did'nt pay $5000 needless to say, got them second hand)
thanks David I'm glad they are working out for you!
these are different from the Wywires line. I have wire made for me and I supply Alex with the wire, he then makes these cables to my formula which is similar to what I do inside the speakers.
thanks,
lou

rawhit

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2013, 06:45 pm »
Hi Lou,
   is this raffle on any particular day? I understand that regular CAF raffles happen be on each day around closing time (6pm or so) and you've got to be present to claim it  :)