Time to retire,good bye to all ACers

Genez

Re: Time to retire,good bye to all ACers
« Reply #60 on: 14 Aug 2015, 12:08 am »
what a beautiful forum this has been for me, i shared alot and i learned alot, i want to thank JohnR for being a great guy he always was a gentleman,the reason im leaving is AC is more suited to new members who wish to learn,old guys like me find no topic to discuss and get bored,so to all especially to new enjoy this place is great.

GOOD BYE!!!!!

I hear that there are some good "assisted posting" forums out there...  Hope you find one.   Enjoy your retirement.   :green:

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #61 on: 14 Aug 2015, 01:14 am »
I can see this thread might be headed in the wrong direction... :D

joelfl70

« Reply #62 on: 18 Sep 2015, 07:04 pm »
If the young guys want to learn, the old guys can teach.  That shouldn't be boring.

I couldn't agree more. Although I find that way to teach for me was in the past. I only pitched the products I was associated with. I would setup a meeting with the owner or manager of the store I was going into. I would demonstrate the product and talk about it's history and specific advantages. Although the most fun was pitching HK when I was a manufactures representative for them in New England. I would take one of the better receivers or integrated amps and attach one side to a speaker and the other side to a number 2 pencil.
Upon turning  it

up you got music out of one side and smoke the pencil. You could get the pencil to burn but it created havoc in a store.