New SUV !! So happy!!

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Re: New SUV !! So happy!!
« Reply #40 on: 2 Sep 2019, 07:33 pm »
Congrats, Stirman, that’s a handsome car. I just sold our 2003 CRV with 146,000 miles. It served us well and here’s hoping yours is as equally reliable.
Regards,
KP

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #41 on: 2 Sep 2019, 08:40 pm »
Sounds like propaganda to me.  Where did you hear this?

Bees are diminishing they believe due to the insecticides that the EPA refuses to ban, encroachment of humans on habitat and global warming.
Many YT videos from various countries/languages reporting it.

Photon46

« Reply #42 on: 2 Sep 2019, 09:04 pm »
There are political and corporate powers trying to fight the inevitable electric transition, including all of the oil interests, but electric will prevail.  Virtually every automaker now offers an electric or is gearing-up to make them soon in the future.  GM just closed a plant making ICE cars to open a new plant making electrics.  The power grid will be undergoing an overhaul to make the smart-grid, but a big part of that will be battery farms to store energy when it is not needed for times when it is.  It's just a no-brainer.  This will propel the battery technology world-wide into better and more efficient, safer technologies.

Fuel-cells are an interesting alternative, but only as long as the hydrogen is made using renewable power.

One possible "fly in the ointment" for electric car dominance is the issue of whether enough lithium exists to make all the batteries needed for an electric car revolution. There are loads of info sources on arguments for both sides the question. Whether lithium production is a bottleneck for the electric revolution remains to be seen.

There are many, many technical and economic hurdles for hydrogen power fuel cells beyond the issue of renewable energy for production of hydrogen. While batteries are vastly less energy dense than hydrogen fuel cells (by a factor of around x280 less energy storage per Kg.,) hydrogen production is much less efficient process compared to getting energy from the grid into a battery.

audioengr

« Reply #43 on: 2 Sep 2019, 09:06 pm »
Many YT videos from various countries/languages reporting it.

Until I see it on the US networks, CNN, MSN, The New York Times, The Washington Post or 60 minutes, I don't believe it.  Social media is full of propaganda and misinformation from enemy states.

audioengr

« Reply #44 on: 2 Sep 2019, 09:08 pm »
One possible "fly in the ointment" for electric car dominance is the issue of whether enough lithium exists to make all the batteries needed for an electric car revolution. There are loads of info sources on arguments for both sides the question. Whether lithium production is a bottleneck for the electric revolution remains to be seen.

Good point, but I think battery technology will have moved to something else by the time that is a serious impediment.

Photon46

« Reply #45 on: 2 Sep 2019, 09:32 pm »
As the O.P. Stirman, hope you enjoy your new CRV. After the hassles of maintaining a Beemer, the Honda is likely to be a breeze by comparison. German cars are great to drive, but I wouldn't want the hassles of maintaining one anymore myself. My friends that own Mercedes Benzes suffer from the same stupid reliability issues that plagued them three decades ago; leaking vacuum hoses and servos, busted window regulators, brake rotors and pads that wear out every 15k, leaking engine and body seals, etc. Makes you wonder why German car companies cling to ways of doing things that are so problematic.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #46 on: 2 Sep 2019, 09:42 pm »
Until I see it on the US networks, CNN, MSN, The New York Times, The Washington Post or 60 minutes, I don't believe it.  Social media is full of propaganda and misinformation from enemy states.
Do you mean say you believe in the TV news?
I surprised to know it, even sorry.

Do you know Dobson 1889-1975 ?
The guy from the Dobson unit, unit of measurement atmospheric ozone density. He spend 40 years studing ozone, with this small experience in atmospheric ozone what he said on the ''ozone layer''? Atmospheric Ozone Layer dont exist, the ozone hole dont exist, the ozone is a volatile gas and it exist a few hours on day time.

After spending 40 years studying ozone in the northern hemisphere Dobson went to study ozone in Antarctica, and what did he say? In Antarctica ozone is very rare, practically does not exist, but this is natural.

So when was Global Warming created? In 1977, they were expecting Dobson to die to dump this scam in the Friendly Press.

With Dobson alive they couldnt do that, the guy spent all his whole life studying Atmospheric Ozone and said that that one ''Ozone Layer'' doesnt exist.

WC

« Reply #47 on: 2 Sep 2019, 10:02 pm »

Actually you won't see it there unless they can find a way to blame Trump for it happening.  :(

The main stream media covers news to sell ads. You get a news feed that is sensationalized to draw in viewers and biased to protect their advertisers interests.

Congrats on the new vehicle STRman.  :thumb:

Brettio

« Reply #48 on: 2 Sep 2019, 10:12 pm »
Until I see it on the US networks, CNN, MSN, The New York Times, The Washington Post or 60 minutes, I don't believe it.

I had an uncle just like this.  He was angry, ignorant, prejudiced and self righteous.  You two would have gotten on smashingly. 

stlrman

« Reply #49 on: 3 Sep 2019, 02:18 am »
Ok then ......
Thanks for the well wishes!!! I appreciate it !!!
I have read that the Mazda CX 5 is the best driver of the bunch. I was also super impressed with my Dads’s  Rav 4 2019!! I think all three of these mid size suv’s  are top rated.

Hey let’s leave the name calling , political shit out of this thread . We know this thread will quarantined , and that would  be a pity.
This has turned nasty. And that not pleasant at all.

Maybe we can reign this in.  Go to Facebook to spew or Reddit.
I truly believe in the politics rules her on AC.  It leads to nastiness.

I also own a Forester 2015. I feel like the CRV is way more refined. A heavier feel, much better breaking. Honda is better thought out for sure . No real rear vents in the back for Subaru , no real front leg vents either.!
It feels like I’m in a Caddy in CRV compared to the Subaru.
The only real fault in the Honda is that the steering wheel can feel very heavy. Steering is very accurate, there is no drifting . On the Highway it can feel like the car is steering itself automatically almost . The Subaru has much lighter feel on the steering wheel..
I’m used to leather, so I’m getting used to the cloth. No scorching hot leather seats is a bonus.
The cabin is not fancy, but very well thought out . Easy to use. Back up camera is very large and offers three camera angles and side view camera when right turn signal is on . This feature may bug some drivers. I’m not sure if it can be turned off.

Please keep this SUV thread on topic!
Thanks again for those positive contributions!!
Todd

jeffwhetstone

« Reply #50 on: 3 Sep 2019, 03:46 am »
hey stlrman,

I think ya made a solid choice.     My wife has a 2010.     I never found it particularly exciting to drive, but it hauls the kids, it's good in the snow, and has been practically maintenance free.     Going by the computer, I've averaged 8600 miles between oil changes.   A few sets of tires, brake pads, and air filters is all I've put on it in >160K miles.       Oh yeah, and rear differential fluid.        It started making noises while backing up ~60K miles.   I changed the fluid and it completely cleared up, so I now change that every 30K per the book and haven't had a problem since.

Good luck with it!

TomS

« Reply #51 on: 3 Sep 2019, 09:20 am »
Great choice, especially after your BMW experience. My wife is on her fifth CR-V, a '15 EX-L 4WD with 105k on the clock, 28-30+mpg all day long. No issues at all, change fluids, brakes, solid cars.

No idea why Steve insists on crapping all over your thread, 'tis a shame, especially for one titled "So happy!".

Shakeydeal

« Reply #52 on: 3 Sep 2019, 10:48 am »

You said all I need to know about you in that small snippet. Thanks for that............

Oh, and to stay on topic, congrats on the car!

Shakey

martyo

« Reply #53 on: 3 Sep 2019, 11:07 am »
Glad you are happy. Honda's are real good vehicles, good luck.

martyo

« Reply #54 on: 3 Sep 2019, 11:11 am »
You said all I need to know about you in that small snippet. Thanks for that............

Oh, and to stay on topic, congrats on the car!

Shakey

Way to stay on topic and give us a big snippet of you.
Sorry, just following Shakeydeal's topic.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #55 on: 3 Sep 2019, 11:59 am »
Oh I hope you got more than a snippet!

Nice Honda OP!

Shakey

bacobits1

« Reply #56 on: 3 Sep 2019, 12:09 pm »
"Until I see it on the US networks, CNN, MSN, The New York Times, The Washington Post"
 WTF This says it all doesn't it!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER buy a product from you.

I have a '16 CRV and has been excellent. Nice vehicle enjoy!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #57 on: 3 Sep 2019, 12:44 pm »
Come on guys, you are being unfair and inelegant with Steve to say few, his opinion are perfectly normal and acceptable.

I would like apologize Steve for the direction the posts have taken in this thread, Iam sure Steve is a great person as well as your products that are highly coveted in audio.

mcgsxr

« Reply #58 on: 3 Sep 2019, 03:14 pm »
Congrats on the new Honda.  We looked at one, but ended up buying an off lease Acura RDX (same platform as the CRV).  My Mom also bought an HRV after trying the CRV.  She wanted something small and upright (driving position).

Always satisfying to get into a vehicle that you trust.

Have fun with it!

srb

« Reply #59 on: 3 Sep 2019, 03:18 pm »
Come on guys, you are being unfair and inelegant with Steve to say few, his opinion are perfectly normal and acceptable.

They're not acceptable or welcome in this topic about stlrman's new Honda CRV, though.