Manic Moose doesn’t create cover art files anymore

WillyP

Hi Chris, James and others,

Another question if I may. I copied some new music files to my USB SSD drive and my BDA-3.14 plays these now without any problems. Manic Moose shows the cover art of the new files, but Rigelian does not. After investigation, I found out that Manic Moose hasn’t created the necessary bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg files for the new music. An update of the database didn’t help. Has this something to do with the settings of Manic Moose, or is it a (small) bug?

It isn’t a big deal for me, but it would be nice if I could also see the cover art in Rigelian.

Kind regards,

WillyP

John541

Re: Manic Moose doesn’t create cover art files anymore
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2023, 02:40 pm »
I'm on Manic Moose 2.45 and it certainly creates the bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg artwork files. (In fact I was quite startled to find my recently acquired BR-20 had littered my NAS drive with 4700 resampled jpg files without any mention that it would do so in the documentation.)

Aren't the resampled artwork files created during the "Update" process - or have I got that wrong? Did you run the "Update" rescan?

WillyP

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2023, 06:35 pm »
Thanks, John, for your answer. I am also using the latest version of Manic Moose and I did the Update rescan. This step is necessary, or else you can’t listen to the newly installed music files.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2023, 03:48 pm »
Where is your music stores? on a USB/Internal drive or a network attached?  If USB/Internal drive you should check disk information and make sure the disk is marked rw to ensure its able to create the files and if a network or nas disk it could be a permissions issue.  Also it could be media player is configured not to make the files, in media player theres a gear button that opens the media player settings.  Media player has an option to suppress making those files.

Hope this helps,
Chris

WillyP

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2023, 06:58 pm »
Chris, thanks. My SSD is connected to one of the USB ports of the BDA-3.14. The disk has the status rw and I can copy music files over the network to it.

I couldn’t find the setting you mentioned in your reply. As an experiment, I removed the bdp_front_44.jpg and bdp_front_250.jpg files and after a reset of the database all cover art files were created again. It would help if you can point me to the mentioned setting.