Collectors Items???

Will2

Collectors Items???
« on: 9 Oct 2010, 05:38 pm »
I've been surfing through AudioCircle and AudiogoN for over 2 years now, having lots of fun building a system and reading about others doing the same.  It just struck me - I don't remember ever seeing a used pair of AudioKinesis speakers for sale.  Could it be that everyone is like me and never even considers selling theirs - or are there that few out there, if so that's a real shame.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2010, 11:50 pm by Will2 »

Randy

Re: Extinct?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2010, 06:15 pm »
Will, do you still have your "other" pair of speakers?

Berto

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2010, 06:18 pm »
I could be wrong but didn't you buy yours used :scratch:

Will2

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2010, 07:34 pm »
I could be wrong but didn't you buy yours used :scratch:

Nope - bought them straight from Duke - what a great experience.

Will2

« Reply #4 on: 9 Oct 2010, 07:36 pm »
Will, do you still have your "other" pair of speakers?

I do Randy.  Almost sold them last week but it just fell through (no fault of the buyer really).  So I guess they are still for sale.

Randy

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2010, 11:16 pm »
Will,  you haven't moved any closer to me have you?   :icon_lol:

Will2

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2010, 11:21 pm »
Will,  you haven't moved any closer to me have you?   :icon_lol:

I'm just a "free" holiday away.  I discovered that the most cost-effective way of shipping them out of here is to pay for the buyer to come on a cruise for a week and take them back with them.  Can you believe it - a cruise to Bermuda from the east coast for a week costs less than shipping a pair of speakers to NJ.   :duh:

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2010, 04:54 am »
Hi Will,

Glad to see you survived the hurricanes! 

Sorry I haven't been in touch with you lately; been swamped with trying to get bass cabs out, and right now I'm scrambling to get ready for the Rocky Mountain show next week.

Speaking of Extinct... my sons write and perform electronica and one of their collaborations is a song called "Extinctosaurus"...

Cheers,

Duke

Will2

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2010, 10:51 am »
Duke, its great to hear you are going to RMAF.  What are you taking? 

borism

« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2010, 02:22 pm »
When I bought my jazz modules beginning of Summer Duke reassured me that he had found a suitable replacement driver for the TAD 1102 in case it became completely unavailable even on ebay. So, the JM may avoid extinction.
Boris

Will2

Collectors items!
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2010, 02:23 pm »
You're right Greg - now you know why I got an E for English - very poor choice of words.  Seems to me that people who buy Duke's speakers just don't let go.  I think that speaks volumes when you look at how often many people in this hobby swop out equipment. 

Clio09

« Reply #11 on: 11 Oct 2010, 11:27 pm »
It's possible I may have purchased the last pair of Stormbringers about 2.5 years ago. I had them for 6 months and at RMAF I was talking to Duke and decided to trade them in for the Jazz Modules (mine have the TAD drivers). Duke put the Stormbringers up for sale on Audiogon (hope they found a good home) and that is the only time I have seen a pair of Duke's speakers for sale there.