Performance of threaded stud gliders to other speaker decouplng dots

Stephen Scharf

How do the Fat Dots, Thin Fat Dots, and Spike Decopling gliders compare to the threaded stud gliders i just ordered for my Dyn Contour S3.4s? I slide my Dyns around on the carpet when I want to listen "seriously" and I can screw the threaded gliders into the cool pedestal that Dyn uses for mounting spikes.

I'd like to know how the performance of the threaded stud gliders compares with the other speaker dots....any input?

Thanks.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
Because Fat Dots and Gliders all use the same dBNeutralizer decoupling material, you can expect similar results. All decouple speakers from the floor and reduce vibrational impact. Although comparative sonic results will sometimes vary a little from one system and vibrational environment to another, differences between them are primarily functional differences.

You wouldn't use Fat Dots on carpet (they're used on bare floors) or for easy mobility of your speakers (they're like having the brakes on). Stud Gliders provide a more-secure lateral support than Cone/Spike Gliders, which is beneficial if your carpet or floor has much resistance to sliding.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2010, 12:53 am by Herbie »