How do I improve the sound of my Edirol Ua-25 ?

bcretty

How do I improve the sound of my Edirol Ua-25 ?
« on: 26 Nov 2006, 02:50 am »
The topic says it all. I rember reading about a simple mod that can be done. Can anyone further explain this mod or be able to do the mod for me?

Thanks
Bri

audioengr

Re: How do I improve the sound of my Edirol Ua-25 ?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:39 am »
The topic says it all. I rember reading about a simple mod that can be done. Can anyone further explain this mod or be able to do the mod for me?

Thanks
Bri

I modded exactly one of these, and that will be the last one.  What needs to be done is to add external and internal regulated power supply to it and redesign the S/PDIF output circuit as well as some power delivery improvements.  I also put a Superclock in this one, but it is not necessary unless you want the best performance.  I cannot think of anything "simple" for a DIYer to mod in it.

Steve N.

bcretty

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2006, 02:47 pm »
I guess I will buy an external dac fiirst and use the edirol as a transport unitl I have the funds to uprgrade to your Usb Off-Ramp turbo 2.

Thanks for the imput Steve.
Bri

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:33 pm »
I guess I will buy an external dac fiirst and use the edirol as a transport unitl I have the funds to uprgrade to your Usb Off-Ramp turbo 2.

Thanks for the imput Steve.
Bri

Sorry, but the Off-Ramp Turbo 2 will sound a lot better anyway.  You will be much happier with it and the investment rather than spending the same on the Edirol.

Steve N.