Using Signature 30.2 LFP-V Integrated with a Passive Preamp

tlarwa

I just pulled the trigger on a new-to-me 30.2 integrated to pair with my Omega A8 speakers.  I'm very excited after reading all the great reviews regarding the RWA/Omega pairings.  The only issue is that I run more than one source (turntable, DAC and CDP) and the 30.2 only has one input.  I own a very nice Khozmo fully-loaded passive preamp with remote volume control (review here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/khozmo/1.html) and would like to try to use it in place of the 30.2's integrated function.  Any suggestions on whether this will work and how to do it?  Can I come out of the 30.2's input and into one of the amp inputs on the Khozmo?  I have done a similar thing with my Fisher 400 receiver, where I came out of the "tape aux" input and into the Khozmo, with the volume control set to a fixed position on the Fisher.  This worked well, even though I technically had the volume circuit of the Fisher in play. 

Any thoughts?  The Signature 16, with 3 inputs would have been more ideal, but I got a screaming deal on the 30.2 and didn't want to pass it up!

Tom

tlarwa

Re: Using Signature 30.2 LFP-V Integrated with a Passive Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2016, 03:55 am »
Never mind ... it works fine.