New York Audio Show, September 26-28, 2014

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: New York Audio Show, September 26-28, 2014
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2014, 01:43 pm »
Hi OZT,

They came to my room to check out the mods and took a lot of pictures.  :green:

I asked them about the internet radio and they mentioned is was "and issue with on of their vendors" (I assume
their contract with vTuner) and they are working on it.  Not much else was said about it.

Getting ready for Day 3!

Vinnie

OzarkTom

« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2014, 02:31 pm »
Hi OZT,

They came to my room to check out the mods and took a lot of pictures.  :green:

I asked them about the internet radio and they mentioned is was "and issue with on of their vendors" (I assume
their contract with vTuner) and they are working on it.  Not much else was said about it.

Getting ready for Day 3!

Vinnie

Thanks Vinnie for the update. I was hoping the first of the month, October, would be the day it came back.

SET Man

« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2014, 03:43 am »
Hey!

Well, last day of the show today. Seems like there were less people today at the show. Got to walk around a bit more with my audiophile friends of who I haven't seen for awhile. Got to checked out some rooms that I missed...

Red Wine Audio by setpower1, on Flickr

Red Wine Audio by setpower1, on Flickr

Stop by Red Wine Audio. I have seen Vinnie before a few times and he gave me the rundown on his new LIO Prototype. I'm not going to reiterate what he said, you can check his website for that. It is a very interesting concept using capacitors instead of batteries. The LIO there was configured as integrated amp driving Harbeth speaker. I have to say what I've remembered from my previous time hearing his battery operated, this seem to sound better. And I think he is on to something interesting here, worth keep an eye on this and see how the final product will be like.

Krell Industries and Martin Logan by setpower1, on Flickr

Was in Krell and Martin Logan room a bit, I have to say the system sounded very good considering it room was bare. The system sounded big. I used to use Magnepan of which is dipole also, sometime with closed miked vocal can sound like a giant head singing.

Care Audio by setpower1, on Flickr

Also, swing by to see Sunil of Care Audio again today, to hear those giant KR Audio T-1610 in that system and the system sounded nice overall. Those woofers do integrated nicely with the main speaker above, and the isolation plate forms isolating the speaker above,with my hand on the main speaker above, Sunil kicked the side of the woofer frame and I couldn't feel anything, quite impressive. 

And to closed out the day I stop by Wes Bender Studio NYC again near the end of the day to spin a few cuts from my own LPs on a Townshend Audio Rock 7 turntable...

Wes Bender Studio NYC by setpower1, on Flickr

It was good to have an exhibitor who wouldn't mind play visitor's music.

Anyway, it was good to have the show back in NYC again. But it is smaller compared to the last one, so with that I think I had more fun last year's show. Still there were some interesting I saw and heard. And maybe more importantly, I got to hang out and catch up with some of the audiophile friends of whom I haven't seen for a while. :D

To see more of my pictures from this show here...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk4ouEeH

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2014, 08:52 am »
Hey SET Man:

May I have permission to post one of your Vinnie Rossi Lio pix from your Flickr collection in my preview? A photo credit could go "compliments of AudioCircle poster SET Man and his coverage of the show here (here linked to either this post or your flickr album URL)"?
If yes, that would be sweet, thank you.

Cheers.

SET Man

« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2014, 11:10 am »
Hey SET Man:

May I have permission to post one of your Vinnie Rossi Lio pix from your Flickr collection in my preview? A photo credit could go "compliments of AudioCircle poster SET Man and his coverage of the show here (here linked to either this post or your flickr album URL)"?
If yes, that would be sweet, thank you.

Cheers.

Hey!

Srajan, yes you may as long as the credit is giving and link back to my Flickr. Please check your PM.

Take care,
Buddy

« Last Edit: 3 Oct 2014, 12:45 am by SET Man »

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2014, 06:32 pm »
Thanks very much. Check it in our preview section. Photo credit there as promised, with direct link to your original Flickr photo. Again, much appreciated!

StevensSound

« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2014, 10:42 pm »
This was an interesting show!

The new On-wall Silhouette from Legacy was excellent. Shockingly performs like a much larger full range floor stander!
Oh yeah, and that Aeris is as sexy as ever- both looks and sound.

Their Focus also sounded great, especially around the $10k mark.

Finally, I enjoyed the Harmonix room- it sounded nice- and I dug the layout in the front.  :thumb:

dex67

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2014, 03:25 pm »
okay, NYC Audio Show is over. Spent my Sunday listening to as many systems as possible. Here are my top 5 best sounding rooms (read speakers!). Let me make it clear, these are my personal favorite rooms!

5. Alta Audio monitors. These, not only sounded big and glorious, but they look very, very good! The only monitors on this list. These small speakers sounded like full range ones. I love their looks! With dedicated stands, they're about $18.5k a pair. The exhibitor had a live cello performer that was keeping up with his own recording! Very interesting and enjoyable.

4. KEF Blade 2 (the white ones in the picture). Smaller woofers than Blade 1 (6" vs 9"), but very deep and impactful bass! Driven by all Parasound they sounded very good. KEF made these more 'affordable' than the Blade 1: $24k vs $28k. LOL

3. The big Focal. At $197k, driven by all VAC monoblocks and Esoteric digital front end, these monsters filled up the big room very nice. Not that I'll ever have $200k to spend on a pair of speakers, but whomever buys them, needs to have a concert hall size room!

2. Volti Vittora. To me these are not very good looking speakers, but at $20k including the subwoofer, they had the best holographic imaging! It was great the way they portrayed layers and layers of music! Driven by Raven Audio and at $20k, it was the best sound for the buck for me.

1. And the best sound at the show, belonged to smaller Focals driven by cool looking Naim gear. The 3 towers represent the preamp in the middle flanked by two monoblocks each delivering 1 hp (yes, one horsepower!). At $97k, these are not cheap speakers, but I could have stayed there and listen for hours and hours! Anyone needs a kidney?

Thanx for looking,
Adrian

Part-Time Audiophile

• Bright. Shiny. Mine?
    • Part-Time Audiophile
« Reply #28 on: 1 Oct 2014, 03:22 pm »
Coverage is spooling out now on The Audio Traveler: http://theaudiotraveler.com/.

SET Man

« Reply #29 on: 1 Oct 2014, 11:07 pm »
Thanks very much. Check it in our preview section. Photo credit there as promised, with direct link to your original Flickr photo. Again, much appreciated!

Hey!

Srajan, you're welcome :D I'm a reader of 6moons.com and you're doing this the right way so that's cool.  8)

And here's link to my photos of the show if anyone interested... https://flic.kr/s/aHsk4ouEeH

Take care,
Buddy  :thumb:

enjoythemusic

« Reply #30 on: 2 Oct 2014, 07:16 pm »
GREAT pics SET Man! If you guys want to see more pics, posted a few hundred photos in hi-rez at www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/new_york_audio_show_2014/ . Still adding more and Rick Becker has a bunch of stuff he hasn't posted yet.

All work and no play make....

SET Man

« Reply #31 on: 3 Oct 2014, 02:41 am »
GREAT pics SET Man! If you guys want to see more pics, posted a few hundred photos in hi-rez at www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/new_york_audio_show_2014/ . Still adding more and Rick Becker has a bunch of stuff he hasn't posted yet.

All work and no play make....

Hey!

Thanks! Glade you like them. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: