Wyred For Sound DAC 2

malpa

Re: Wyred For Sound DAC 2
« Reply #180 on: 21 Jul 2013, 10:32 am »
hi,
...i've got my wyred4sound dac modded by Lukasz Fikus (Lampizator), and all i can say is that my new Lampi4sound is a completely different beast in comparison to what it was before.
...there is a massive 3d soundstage, great balance, very srtong tight bass and beautifully liquid top end. the sound is very open and easy to listen to....basically very enjoyable.
...in comparison to cambridge audio dacmagic that i used to own, wyred4sound sounded slightly better, better bass and more detail top end but the differences were not massive. than i got Chord QBD76 dac and Chord bassically killeded wyred4sound dac the differences were so obvious, the QBD76 was my favorite dac ever,...i had compared chord qbd76 to linn akurate ds and i found chord sounding better to my ears than akurate ds.
...,and than i got the wyred4sound modded :-),....there was tube output stage and tube power supply added . and my new lampi4sound killed Chord qbd76!......2 days later my chord was on ebay.
...thanx to lampizator and i would highly recommend the modification to all wyred4sound owners.

roscoeiii

« Reply #181 on: 21 Jul 2013, 04:21 pm »
Just saw an ad on Audiogon for a DSD Wyred DAC2. And they offer an upgrade option for current owners.

christopher3393

« Reply #182 on: 21 Jul 2013, 06:10 pm »
Malpa: Very cool!

drmike

« Reply #183 on: 21 Jul 2013, 10:29 pm »
How much $ for the mod?
Thanks,
drmike

srb

drmike

« Reply #185 on: 21 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm »
For the lampizator mod?
Thanks,
drmike

malpa

« Reply #186 on: 22 Jul 2013, 02:04 am »
hi drmike,
the upgrade was done in two stages, ....first i got tube output stage done and than i sent the dac again for tube power supply, ....cant remember exact price because i paid both upgrades separately and there was at least a year between both upgrades...but i think it was around 400 pounds in total.....and it was worth every penny! :-).
....i guess the best way to find out is to email lampizator guys and ask.
my dac was upgraded some time ago so the prices may have changed since.