Re: Hypex, ICEPower and DSP amps
« Reply #20 on: 27 Apr 2018, 08:54 pm »
Sorry about getting your name wrong Jay. I’ll try this again

Welcome to AC Jay

UltraFidelity

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 1 May 2018, 04:42 pm »
What's your personal preference and why?

I ordered the 1200s as far back as Oct. and they pretty much just started coming in so my experience is limited compared to the other modules...they all sort of excel in their own areas.  Currently I have been running an active system with my DSP and have a Pascal on the lows, the Hypex on the mid and Ice on the highs and enjoy it.  As I get more time with the ICE amps I will be able to talk more about them and I do like them more then the non ICE Edge modules. I don't believe any of the other units have the same low end slam the Pascal has and I enjoy changing up the op amps in the Hypex to salt and pepper the sound.     

UltraFidelity

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 1 May 2018, 10:44 pm »

Maybe this picture was able to be embedded this time.  The folks at CSS used the DSP4000 amp for thier subs at AXPONA.  They did a great job and ended up being named among the best systems under 20,000.

PeteG

« Reply #23 on: 1 May 2018, 11:22 pm »
Nice  :thumb:

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 2 May 2018, 12:27 am »

Maybe this picture was able to be embedded this time.  The folks at CSS used the DSP4000 amp for thier subs at AXPONA.  They did a great job and ended up being named among the best systems under 20,000.

That matches this pic on TAS.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2018-axpona-show-report-loudspeakers-under-20k/

UltraFidelity

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 2 May 2018, 09:39 pm »
Sorry about getting your name wrong Jay. I’ll try this again

Welcome to AC Jay

No problem bud.   Thank you.

UltraFidelity

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 2 May 2018, 09:39 pm »

UltraFidelity

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: 2 May 2018, 09:41 pm »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #28 on: 3 May 2018, 01:01 am »
 :thumb:

UltraFidelity

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: 1 Jun 2018, 03:49 pm »

Hoping this picture gets embedded this time. We just released our new NC500 buffer - it is available as an upgrade or with the purchase of one of our amps. This new buffer pushes the limits of what the NCore amps are capable of and allows the use of both 2 6 pin pro op amps or 1 8 pin dip.  The "No Holds Barred" model comes with 2 Sparkos Pro op amps, Sparkos P and N channel regulators and your choice of Nichicon Muse or Elna Silmic caps. If you are interested in this or the ICEPower amps, please feel free to drop me a line.