Ryan Scott will be in Beverly Hills, Florida 5/9/15

fex02

Re: Ryan Scott will be in Beverly Hills, Florida 5/9/15
« Reply #40 on: 11 May 2015, 01:30 pm »
Great post! I hope you keep us up to date as your system breaks in.

Just curious, which Verastarr cables did you order?

Todd
the silver foil was unbelievable.open , detailed, and spacious.the musicians depth in the soundstage was uncanny.i heard a system in sarasota once-strads and 60k nelson pass mono's-and never thought i could have something that nice! Ryan has guided me a really nice set up.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #41 on: 12 May 2015, 01:36 pm »
Did you get the speaker cables, power cables, interconnects, all of the above??? I've seen a few Vapor owner posts talking specifically about the bi-wire speaker cable, I suspect there's something worth looking into here.

Not that I'm ready to give up my Stealth speaker cable just yet...but maybe...

fex02

« Reply #42 on: 12 May 2015, 02:49 pm »
Grand illusion foils.Mike said they were the best, and Ryan had to prove it.we had 4 sets of ears,allot better then mine confining it.
stop over anytime next week for a listen.

fex02

« Reply #43 on: 12 May 2015, 02:54 pm »
some empirical data from Ryan's testing of the Joule's at the listening position.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #44 on: 12 May 2015, 04:27 pm »
It's interesting to see the differences your room makes to the response of the system.  The room and seating location seems to have a significant lift between 40 and 200Hz, something completely different than in Ryan's listening room. 

The best part is that it's a very smooth and gradual "mound" with no nulls that would be easily compensated with a minor adjustment of EQ.  Above that, your room looks very well behaved as can be seen with the smooth response from 200Hz on up.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #45 on: 12 May 2015, 11:32 pm »
some empirical data from Ryan's testing of the Joule's at the listening position.
How much smoothing is on these?

Phil A

« Reply #46 on: 13 May 2015, 12:11 am »
Already suggested a 2x4 foot one of these - http://www.acousticsfirst.com/diffuser-double-duty-barrel.htm

Helped me in an old room with a bit of a bump around 125-130Hz.  Smoothed it right out.

I can tell you that the speakers sounded wonderful.

fex02

« Reply #47 on: 13 May 2015, 01:22 am »
I have some gik panels.Brian Pape analyzed the room and suggested some bass traps and spot panels.Ryan really looked the room.Pre Brian the bass was a nitemare !