What is on top? Megaschino or Golden Cherry?

LarryD56

What is on top? Megaschino or Golden Cherry?
« on: 3 Dec 2017, 06:28 am »
   Just wanting to know which is the best sounding/performing of your two top amplifier designs. Megaschino or Golden Cherry? What are the leading qualities of each?

Larry D.

Shear Bliss VMPS

Re: What is on top? Megaschino or Golden Cherry?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2017, 03:26 pm »
The Golden is a further extension over the Maraschino but its no slouch either! Heard it (48 volt version) on my Acoustat 1100s and was slack jawed. The forthcoming Megaschino should and will soon rule the roost all in a traditional amp chassis with the best upper extension and pure power.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2017, 07:26 pm »
The Golden is a further extension over the Maraschino but its no slouch either! Heard it (48 volt version) on my Acoustat 1100s and was slack jawed. The forthcoming Megaschino should and will soon rule the roost all in a traditional amp chassis with the best upper extension and pure power.

Couldn't have said it better!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2017, 07:38 pm »
   Just wanting to know which is the best sounding/performing of your two top amplifier designs. Megaschino or Golden Cherry? What are the leading qualities of each?

Larry D.
The big differences between MEGAschino and Golden Cherry Maraschino:
MEGAschino will deliver close to 1,000W into 4Ω.  Golden Cherry delivers a little over 400W into 4Ω.  The MEGAschino runs from a large linear power supply (built into the amp) with a toroidal transformer.  There are Stereo and MONO versions. The Golden Cherry runs from external 60V 1kW power supplies per channel (no Stereo version).  The MEGAschino also offers slightly higher bandwidth at 150kHz versus 100kHz for the Golden Cherry.  The Golden Cherry is a LOT smaller and easier to move around.  Both have optional auto-sleep function, DC coupling, >115dB SNR.  Both produce FAST and CLEAN power for even the most difficult-to-drive speakers with low output impedance across the band.  I may be missing a few items, so feel free to point out something I left out....  Thanks.

-Tommy O