Hey!

ctjetta

Hey!
« on: 20 May 2018, 03:56 am »
This would be my first post at AudioCircle, introducing myself to a community of like minded if not unfortunately afflicted by the need to not only listen to music not merely as distraction but as a goal in providing the best possible emotional experience via the use of products and tools which are produce for the sole purpose of recreating music either as intended systems or of a synergy created by the acquirer of those in myriad fashions such as to cause the never ending desire to further improve the perceived quality of the musical performance of the musical sourced by the operator of said system whilst at the same time enduring the constant internal debate as to whether to invest greater time, effort and funds into a ever improved music playback system and ignoring the fact that the extra inputs that system could be better utilized in the source materials, eg. records, discs, etc . . . though knowing that one truly cannot be performed with out the other, at least not to the irrational mind that is the true audiophile, of which many can claim, though few may wish to as it can be a rather arduous task to explain to those not afflicted (if I may use such a term) by the neurosis, which in my opinion, is the main trait of the audiophile as he (or she!) attempts to forever justify the the time, effort, and funds (yes, it ALWAYS comes back to funds) of this constant endeavor which from the outside can seem anti-social in nature as we spend inordinate amounts of time cleaning records, mounting and unmounting various cartridges, swapping speakers, amps, turntables, not to mention wires and cable- oh, did I mention wires and cables, because I wish I hadn't cause if you want to talk about hearing (or not hearing) the differences between this speaker wire with this weave and that wire that insulation, well, you'll certainly get quite the crazy looks from the uninitiated (like you've grown a second head, though Joni Mitchell would argue that's a good thing, if you know what I mean) as well as from those "enlightened" types who will tell you that you're just throwing your money away and the only thing that matters is a good pair of speakers and a decent turntable with a really good cartridge because those have the greatest effect on the sound reproduce, unless of course we're discussing digital playback which we could be though I only have experience with the Compact Disc format and funny enough the format was to lead to the demise of the vinyl LP is itself on the wane as those who may have championed its "perfect sound forever" promise have learned that it's not perfect and certainly not forever because the discs themselves are more susceptible to damage than previously extolled but also turned out to be almost as cumbersome to deal with as the cassette tape, with admittedly better dynamics, but what wouldn't have better dynamics as the cassette tape was never intended to be a hifi format, except that with the Dolby(TM) noise reduction process  and Nakamichi making superlative cassette decks the format still managed to almost outlast the vinyl album which is now in a revival mode and I believe recently outsold the CD, though if I am correct, and previously stated have no experience with, other forms of digital music sources, found on line (via the internet) allowing one access to vast amounts music, thus eliminating one side of my earlier argument regarding the need to improve one's library (of whatever source) or ability to playback that library, so that one may concentrate one's time, energy and funds (again with the funds- if you have ANY other person in your circle of influence you understand this intimately) on the equipment side of the ledger of which we seem to be more than willing to apply our attention hoping for that elusive, perfect synergy when all falls into place and we can say not only to ourselves but all others that, "Yes, this it, I've done, it gets no better than this!"
Yeah, good luck with that.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2018, 04:26 am »
Welcome aboard CTjetta :thumb:
This is the audiophile drama or maybe should say Audiophile Opera.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2018, 04:30 am »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2018, 05:50 am »
Wow! What a spectacular first post.  :thumb:

Welcome to Audio Circle ctjetta. Unfortunately I think many won't read the above and that's too bad. Even though it is essentially one very long sentence and thus one paragraph, I think it would get more attention if it was broken down into sentences and a series of paragraphs.  :wink:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2018, 06:27 am »
It remind me Jack Kerouac.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2018, 06:53 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC ctjetta   :thumb:  Breathe man  :o

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2018, 11:46 am »
Wow! What a spectacular first post.  :thumb:

Welcome to Audio Circle ctjetta. Unfortunately I think many won't read the above and that's too bad. Even though it is essentially one very long sentence and thus one paragraph, I think it would get more attention if it was broken down into sentences and a series of paragraphs.  :wink:

+1

I learned in a technical writing class to keep communications as simple as possible (without losing the message) with small words, short sentences, and 5 - 7 line long paragraphs.  My boss called me terse, very to the point, and to the point of being offensive.  I called it military or engineering style, no room for fluff, misunderstanding, approximations, or delays.  Just the facts ma'am.

ctjetta

« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2018, 04:29 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to click on my initial posting to the AudioCircle community.
To those who looked at my opening message and with eyes glazed over in amazement, and probably not a little trepidation, and chose not to read it in it's entirety, or even at all, I totally understand.
And while I thank those that took the daunting effort to drudge through what now in retrospect is years of conflict regarding my audio commitment, I apologize. That's ten minutes of your life that I can never give back to you.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2018, 07:04 pm »
No need to apologize. I read it a couple of times and it was worth reading, but I had to break it down into a series a paragraphs in order to get through it.

ctjetta

« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2018, 09:47 pm »
I understand. One might say "Paragraphs, they are your friends. Use them, welcome them". This however, or unfortunately, depending on your personal life philosophy, turned out to more of  a stream of consciousness exercise. For better or for worse. Only you can be the judge.

JakeJ

« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2018, 12:04 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, ctjetta.