V3's in macassar ebony with walnut front baffles in high gloss - SOLD

jsalk

I am selling my Salk V3's that are veneered with macassar ebony on the sides and back with a solid curly walnut front baffle. 

They are covered with a beautiful high gloss finish which is a signature of Jim's fine craftsmanship.

Here are some pictures.

Here is a side view.

Here is a rear view (notice the reflection of the wallpaper in the high gloss finish).

And a close up of the top.

I am the original owner of these speakers. Local pick-up would be great but shipping will not present a problem because I do have the original boxes and my zip code is 29577. These speakers are around 80 lbs each.  For the full specifications of the Salk V3's please refer to the Salk Sound Website.

I am asking $3200 but offers are welcomed. You can PM me on Audio Circle at "bearman2" and I will return your inquiry.

Thanks John
« Last Edit: 2 Mar 2013, 06:19 pm by jsalk »

bearman2

Jim, I want to thank you for posting my V3's.   John

diofan56

Hi!

How old are they?

What is the impedance and the efficiency?

Dave

bearman2

The V3's are 5 years old their efficiency is 86 db and they are 8 ohms. All specs can be found on the Salk Sound website.

Thanks  John

diofan56

How is the low end on these speakers?  Will I be able to feel the bass?

bearman2

Their bass is great and their specs are 32hz to 60khz. What type of music do you prefer?

diofan56

I like Blues and Rock and Roll.  Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Ronnie James Dio, Coco Montoya, Muddy Waters, Joe Bonamassa, etc.  That being said the Beatles are my all-time favorite band.

bearman2

I have the White Album I purchased 35 years ago and it still sounds great after all these years. If the time is right I will play Electric Mud by Muddy Waters and it is usually late.  :lol:  thanks John

bearman2

BUMP   I will reduce the price to $2995.  These speakers today would cost over $6000 with the solid walnut front baffle ($300), the ebony veneer ($700), and the high gloss finish ($1800).  Thank you

bearman2

These speakers are SOLD, thanks for your help Jim.     jw