Help—Looking for an AR-XB Pulley!

byrne

Help—Looking for an AR-XB Pulley!
« on: 30 Sep 2018, 10:15 am »
My neighbor recently gifted me with an AR-XB that had been sitting unused in his garage attic for decades. It’s in decent shape and missing only a few bits and pieces (including the platter mat, one of the headshell brass screw inserts, and drive belt). The most critical missing component is the motor pulley.

I searched online and the Vinyl Nirvana site had upgrade replacement pulleys for sale but it noted that the product is “Drop-in fit for all Hurst motors. Not Airpax or Haydon.” Unfortunately, my unit has a Haydon motor.

Does anybody have the correct pulley for sale, or can point me in the right direction? Alternatively, are there any ways to modify other pulleys to work on my XB? The AR turntable looks like a marvel of austere simplicity and I’d hate to put it back on the shelf for the want of just one missing piece.

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
Re: Help—Looking for an AR-XB Pulley!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2018, 01:42 pm »
Hi Byrne,
   I'm rebuilding my AR XA. If i'm not mistaken the AR XB was basically an AR XA with cueing added years later. I think it uses the same stock motor which would have the same pulley, the Hayden.
   What I'm saying is you might get more bites if you advertise for an XA motor pulley, the one with provision for 45 RPM on the same pulley wheel.....Mark K.