LSAF 2018

mtrot

Re: LSAF 2018
« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2018, 03:30 am »
So today we get two LSAF 2018 teasers. Perhaps a bit of a David and Goliath story?

First the welcome news Rick Craig’s Selah Audio is joining the fun this year. I recall requests (even pleadings) from his many fans on AC to exhibit in past years. The direct to audiophile music lover manufacturers that Audio Circle has aided are a valuable option. The most often cited caveat is lack of opportunity to audition their wares so here is your chance.

Second is first time exhibitor Lone Star Audio (lonestaraudiotx.com) a high end 2 channel dealer from Lakeway Texas (near Austin).  Proprietors Jim and Debbie Hench are bringing the big guns in the form of a system including Magico A3 speakers, JL Audio E110 subs, T+A PA 3100 HV integrated amp, Aurender A10 Server/Streamer/DAC, MIT power, speaker and IC cables, Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Tranquility Base and acoustic treatments, and Bel Canto PL1 universal disc player. Jim anticipates also having a JL Audio factory rep there to present a "Why Subs?" presentation and demonstration of the A3's sound with and without the subs.

After being impressed by my very brief(the room was really crowded) audition of the Magico A3 at AXPONA, I discovered that Lone Star Audio was a dealer, so I spoke with Jim last week and he told me he was bringing them to LSAF!  Hopefully, I can get some listening time in the prime listening position in Dallas this weekend.  I was on the fence about even attending LSAF this time, but the presence of Magico and Selah sealed the deal. 

Magico A3 at AXPONA:

DSC_0656 by MDTshots, on Flickr

DSC_0657 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Norman Tracy

« Reply #21 on: 1 May 2018, 03:49 pm »
LSAF 2018 is almost here! This Friday, Saturday, Sunday May 4-6.

Another strong exhibitor is Joshua Miles' JWM Acoustics. His speakers were first publicly shown at LSAF three years ago, now thanks to his talent and hard work they have been praised in an Absolute Sound review and awarded TAS recommended component status.

I love this pic from Joshua's Instagram feed showing his range of artistic talents. The wall art, wooden paddle/surf boards, and speakers all for the mind and hands of Miles.

Not to forget his turntables.

This teaser shows some electronics burning in for his LSAF 2018 system.

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #22 on: 1 May 2018, 04:52 pm »
^ This peaks my interest... I will be there after Cars & Coffee Saturday. Looking forward to checking out Joshua's offerings (I like tubes and Lundahls).

-Dieter

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2018, 12:47 pm »
Unfortunately can't make again this year. Usually go visit with my brother in Houston, then drive up to Dallas for the show.  :(
Good to hear they had to expand the room block! These shows are a great opportunity for folks to hear all kinds of stuff in person, rather that simply living vicariously through others reviews  :wink:.
Have fun!

cheers,

AJ

p.s. My favorite room is still the Urban (?) craft brew guy  :thumb:

Norman Tracy

« Reply #24 on: 4 May 2018, 03:27 pm »
Its happening as I type this post. LSAF 2018 May 4-6 Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central located at 13131 N Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75243.

Last nights post-setup listening in the Volti Audio room was Big Fun.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #25 on: 5 May 2018, 01:49 pm »
Its happening as I type this post.
No, not unless there are more pics!
We have to live vicariously through you and the others there Norman.  :wink:

mtrot

« Reply #26 on: 5 May 2018, 01:57 pm »
No, not unless there are more pics!
We have to live vicariously through you and the others there Norman.  :wink:

I'm headed to LSAF today, will try to take some pics.

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #27 on: 5 May 2018, 07:45 pm »
Teasers.

:popcorn:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

PS - Nice to meet you George.  :thumb:

jcotner

« Reply #28 on: 5 May 2018, 09:12 pm »
Teasers.

Teaser indeed. Brain teaser with upside down pics.  :D

Looks like serious fun though. Would like to be there as I'm only an hour away,
but wife's birthday is today and going to look at audio gear today would not be
well received!  :roll:

Carl V

« Reply #29 on: 6 May 2018, 12:02 am »

Carl V

« Reply #30 on: 6 May 2018, 12:04 am »

mtrot

« Reply #31 on: 6 May 2018, 03:23 am »
Here are a few pics from today.

Lone Star Audio demonstrated the New Magico A3 speakers with amplification by T+A. 
DSC_0711 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Joshua Miles brought his Allyson speakers.  Incredible sound from these stand mount speakers.  Amplification by Raven Audio.
DSC_0713 by MDTshots, on Flickr
DSC_0714 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Dave Thomson showed his great sounding Raven Amps with Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers.
DSC_0717 by MDTshots, on Flickr

James Connell of Pureaudx showed his new Vivo Reference speakers, using a Mytek Manhattan DAC as pre-amp, feeding into Raven Audio power amps.  Wonderful sound stage and immediacy of sound from these speakers.
DSC_0718 by MDTshots, on Flickr

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #32 on: 6 May 2018, 02:06 pm »
Thanks!

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #33 on: 9 May 2018, 11:21 pm »
It was nice meeting everyone. A relaxing show and many positive comments!