I own two Well Tempered Turntables, from the 90's!!
1. A Classic, with Classic Arm, with a Marigo Audio, cup clamp!!
2. A Reference, with Reference arm, I was never happy with, could not get the dampening right, had to wait 5 minutes, for the arm to settle, at LP, height, to play with out skipping, I done everthing to make the arm drop at a steady speed, but no way!!
3. I have moved unit, and am now, using the classic, with marigo cup clamp, the silcon is balanced, with the drop weight!!
4. Whils't moving into my new unit, I slipped on the stairs, when carrying, the reference, with a Dynavector 17D3, attached, and broke, some corners, of the Reference, and came apart between the four layer's, not to mention I had to be rushed to hospital, to have eleven staples inserted in my head!!
5. The good news, is my classic, is still in my system, with the marigo arm cup, am quite happy with the sound!!
6. A friend of mine owns a company called "once analog" he builds his own turntables, and reccomends, different arms for his TT, one is "the wand' made in NZ, he has looked at my broken reference, and tells me he can repair!!
Friends, I wish to keep the well tempered classic arm!!, as it is set up right!!, the reference arm is a bit of a hassel, it now has torn fishing line, no silcon, etc, It was a bitch, to set up and did not set right!!
What I need to know, will my well tempered classic arm, fit the new refurbish well tempered reference??, the TT, hole is still in the right place??
The well tempered reference, spinle, is fine, as is the platter, and the, clamp, all I wan't to do is change the arm!!
If any one out there, here of the Larry pederson, arm, marigo platter, and marigo feet, I will be intersted
I know, all this is a big ask, but because of one accident, The things that can go wrong!!, I don't wish to repeat myself, but the biggest thing, is will my classic arm fit the Reference!!