Cartridge for Well Tempered Labs Classic

daveyonthecoast

Cartridge for Well Tempered Labs Classic
« on: 25 Mar 2016, 10:13 am »
Hello Friends
Someone had contacted, me regards, his TT, upgrades, I can't seem to find his responce!!
He had a half moon, tonearm weight, with brass VTA, Azamuth, updates,etc, can I get a copy, of his andswer's, that he sent me, I know some are not avaiable now!!, I notice when I post a question, no one seems to reply!!, yet I see the most basic questions have many theads!!, what a'm I doing wrong??
Regards
David Spry
Australia

GentleBender

Re: Cartridge for Well Tempered Labs Classic
« Reply #1 on: 25 Mar 2016, 10:28 am »
I just think most people can't help you in most cases. I have no experience with any Well Tempered TT, plus I'm not experienced enough to offer outside of the box suggestions. You require specific help with a very special TT.

Did you delete the PM on accident?

threadkiller

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2016, 03:15 pm »
Hi Davey,
You haven't done anything wrong. I agree with GB, most of us don't know how to help.
I haven't had a Classic in years and years, nor a Reference. And all mention of the Reference leaves me rather cold. I have a personal bias against it and Transparent Audio, who ripped off Bill Firebaugh in the making of the table. That horrible black damped platter was not him, that was Transparent. When I got the opportunity to talk with him he railed against that platter, just like I had done for so many years.
So in my case, even though I'd like to be of help, it's been so long I haven't a clue.
I'd also say that you're the perfect scenario of someone who needs an experienced dealer. You really seem off in the weeds over it all, like many who try to do it on their own. Now I'm not picking on you, not in the least, yet it's my big worry that many don't have their tables set up properly.
I wish you success down there!

beta14ok

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2016, 01:57 pm »
I'm sorry that you are having a tough time.

I am challenged to provide you with any new advice as well. I previously have tried to answer some of your postings when I had anything to add, but it is not always clear from your post what exactly you are wanting. You have started many threads on the same or closely similar topics. Some threads have comment or answers that have been covered previously, so I would believe that there may be a reticence to respond.

I do own a old round motor WTT Classic. I do not have a Reference. I was fortunate enough to find this AudioCircle, and have use the guidance found in these threads here to set-up my WTT Classic......everything I needed is already here. I have never contacted you or sent you a PM or an email, but I believe that you are referring to my WTT Classic posted here. I don't have any special tools, except the VinylEngine protractor, tracking force gauge and a test record, but by using these, I was able to get some spectacular results,....particularly after I adjusted the overhang by rotating the arm's platform as advised by one of ACHiPO's threads here. I'm very pleased with the results I was able to achieve by reading the threads already in the forum.