Halo on Legendary

bob82274

Halo on Legendary
« on: 9 Feb 2003, 08:58 am »
One of my buddies came over today to play some halo.  Well I say some and I mean a lot.  When I say a lot I am refering to an insane amount.  :mrgreen:  

From 12:20 PM 02/08/03 to 3:23 AM 02/09/03 we played halo.   We beat it on legendary in one sitting.  15 hrs straight and I can still see, I don't have epilepsy, and I don't fear the flood :uzi: .  Now granted we did take one or two breaks.  But these "breaks" involved playing multiplayer with my roommate. If I only had a picture of the networking setup we had.  Possibly one of the saddest things you will ever see.  But it worked!  

Anyone else attempted this?  Bubba is probably the only one who has more free time on his hands so I am going to guess not.   :D

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Halo on Legendary
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2003, 03:19 am »
Reread this post (played some HALO this weekend) and saw the networking reference. Was this the PC version of HALO?

LordCloud

Halo on Legendary
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2003, 05:37 pm »
Quote from: jqp
Reread this post (played some HALO this weekend) and saw the networking reference. Was this the PC version of HALO?

On the XBox in order to link more than two systems together you need to have a "lan party"!

bob82274

Halo on Legendary
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2003, 08:06 pm »
Well it was something of a lan party...  :lol:

When I posted this originally I lived in a dorm that had two rooms with two people in each room and a bathroom connecting the two rooms.  We had an X-box in each room and then placed the router in the bathroom on a chair.  The cables were stretched to there limit holding doors making the bathroom a place without privacy.  Truly the saddest looking setup I have done.

However we have done 12 player multiplayer in the past but that takes several TVs, several X-Boxes, controllers for everyone, and a huge order of wings (courtesy of Kristophers)!  Lots of prepwork but even more fun!  I just don't know if the PC version will capture that same magic that the console version has.  Its just a lot more fun with your buddies around.

LordCloud

Halo on Legendary
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2003, 01:59 pm »
I've played 12 player Halo games myself, and I have to say that if there is a better videogame experience around, I don't know what it is. Even playing Unreal on-line is no comparison.