Treats for the inaugural MAAC music fest!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« on: 13 Oct 2005, 01:09 pm »
The inaugural meeting of Mid Atlatic Audio Circle will be on November 5th starting at 2 pm.  For this special day, we have a veritable smorgasbord of foods and drinks for both our tummies and ears.

Edibles:  cheese and fruit platter, deep fried dumpling variety platter, vegetable platter, coleslaw/salads platter and my very special platter of grilled short ribs marinated in soy-garlic-habanera/jalapeno/chipotle-leaks marinade.  

Drinks:  barley wines, ales, pilsners, stouts, porters, diet pepsi and water.  Wine and Scotch will be optional upon request.  Sorry, it's byob/c (bring your own budweiser/coors)

Music:  I have a bunch of stuff but please bring yours that you like and are familiar with in CD or LP format.

Giveaway:  over 700 LPS of all types and conditions.

Equipment trials:  Thanks to PhilNYC of Sonic Spirits, we have a head to head comparison between BC202 hybrid amp http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/bluecircle_bc202.htm and Respons Audio's very own Exteme Hurricanes. http://www.responseaudio.com/extreme%20asl%20hurricane.htm  They will be driving the VMPS ribbons on the RM40s from 275Hz on up.  If anybody eles wants to bring another amp to go against these two, please PM me.  I am really excited about this initial fiesta and hope a lot of you can make it.

Oh, and RSVP would be extremely helpful.

Gordy

« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2005, 01:32 pm »
Excellent Woodsyi!

Thank you for getting this together so quickly and completely :D   It looks like I'll be able to make it on the 5th and, if they are in showable/listenable shape at that point, I may bring some UcD 400 based amps for a critical  :oops: go-around against the "big boys"!

Gordy

Chris_B

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2005, 03:18 pm »
I think that is the weekend my wife has us going to see here sister.  I kid you not  :lol: .  No worries.  This will give me ammo to guarantee I make the next one.  

woodsyi - I like the way your think with drinks.

Hopefully, our circle will be up soon.

PhilNYC

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2005, 04:00 pm »
Quote from: Chris_B
I think that is the weekend my wife has us going to see here sister.  I kid you not  :lol: .  No worries.  This will give me ammo to guarantee I make the next one.  .

Hey Chris...this should give you ammo to guarantee that you HOST the next one... :D

Chris_B

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2005, 01:18 am »
That would take a lot of fire power ;).  Seriously, I hope to host one at some point.  The biggest factor is the 4.5 year old boy and his 6 month old brother.  They are not always compatible with high end audio gear.  The 4.5 year old can operate the dvd player better than his mom so there is hope

Joules

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2005, 06:20 pm »
I'll be there and really looking forward to meeting every one. I'll also have the Blue Circle BC202 hybrid amplifier, courtesy of Phill Lam of Sonic Spirits Inc. in tow. All 95 lbs of it!!!

see you there !!!

SWG255

Count me in too
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2005, 11:46 pm »
I'll be there, along with a local audiophile friend who will be driving. Trust me, you don't want me to drive! :nono:

We are looking forward to it.

pacifico

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2005, 12:00 am »
As much as I would love to come, that's my anniversary weekend... We also have a two and a half month old. That is an extremely gracious offer though.-ap

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2005, 03:38 pm »
We have a circle!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: I see a theme here with child care issues.  I have a 3 year old girl as well as a Labrweiller and a just-snipped  :bomb: orange tabby kitten.   I can set up a nursery upstairs if one or two other moms will come to help out.  We come equiped with training potty!  I am really looking forward to this.    :beer:  :drums:  :rock:

bunky

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2005, 09:03 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
We have a circle!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: I see a theme here with child care issues.  I have a 3 year old girl as well as a Labrweiller and a just-snipped  :bomb: orange tabby kitten.   I can set up a nursery upstairs if one or two other moms will come to help out.  We come equiped with training potty!  I am really looking forward to this.    :beer:  :drums:  :rock:
i am a single divorced parent but i have family in a fifteen to twenty minute drive from my home so i should be able to find someone to watch my ten year old daughter....thanks....WCW III

wje

« Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2005, 07:20 pm »
woodsyi,

Allow me to RSVP for this fine event of yours.  Please let me know if I can bring anything (I'm sure lots of folks say that)  but, I do really mean it.

My family has been calling me a "audio nerd" since I'm starting to get involved with local audio functions.  I guess I only wish that some folks could get 10% of the joy that I do out of audio and music - it's so rewarding.

Oh, I don't drink Coors or Bud.  Maybe, I could pack some Sam Adams or Killians Irish.  Lots of newer jazz music on CDs will be packed up, Etc.

PhilNYC

« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2005, 07:31 pm »
Quote from: wje

Oh, I don't drink Coors or Bud.  Maybe, I could pack some Sam Adams or Killians Irish.  Lots of newer jazz music on CDs will be packed up, Etc.

FYI - in the NY Audio Raves with all the beer fans we have, we do make some effort to find some local boutique beers to have out our gatherings... :beer:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2005, 12:21 pm »
Quote from: wje
woodsyi,

Allow me to RSVP for this fine event of yours.  Please let me know if I can bring anything (I'm sure lots of folks say that)  but, I do really mean it.

Nice of you to offer, but I meant it when I said I will provide the food and drinks.  What I would like everyone to bring is MUSIC -- good recordings from any genre.  I am always searching for good music that grips me.  As for RSVP's, keep them coming.  You don't want me to run out of beers, do you? :wink:

SWG255

This is my RSVP
« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2005, 01:08 am »
Woodsyi, please consider this my RSVP, and I'm bringing another audiophile friend. I'll bring some music too, but it won't be the the "audiophile" variety, at least not the typical fare. I always learn more about the equipment I'm listening to with familiar tunes, well recorded, but not necessarily "audiophile grade" stuff.

I just remembered, I think I already RSVP'd above, it's been one of those weeks. We moved offices this week, and I guess I'm still a bit lost. :oops:

nature boy

« Reply #14 on: 20 Oct 2005, 02:14 pm »
Woodsyi,

Great looking party, but unfortunately I have a family conflict.  MAAC'ers I'll look forward to meeting all of you at a future gathering.

NB

Chris_B

« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2005, 12:43 am »
Woodsyi - Since I won't be able to make it, I wanted to ask for a rain check at your convenience.  I would love to listen to the RM40s after reading and hearing so much about them over the years.

Enjoy the meet and someone please take pictures,

Chris

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2005, 03:49 am »
Chris,

Thanks for all the work so far in getting this circle started.  I am sure we can arrange a small gathering at a later date.  I am trying hard to twist Brian's arm to get me his CD wave guide in time for the meet.  He wouldn't take my money yet but he said he will try.  It would be fun if he can get those to me in time.  On another front, I may be able to get a pair of Bella/SP1 from Bill Baker on time to try out as well.  Are you reading this Bill? There are some other amps that may show up for us to try out as well.  For the vinyl lovers, I should have my 78 pully back from Basis and should be able to spin some cool jazz 78's I recently obtained.  Don't worry, I still have 33/45 hooked up, too.  It should be a lot of fun.  I am looking forward to it.

PhilNYC

« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2005, 06:37 pm »
FYI - Joules picked up the Blue Circle BC202 amp from my customer in Bristow, VA (who, btw, might join you guys for the first MAAC!).  If anyone in the area wants to give the amp a spin in their home before the MAAC meeting, shoot me a PM to let me know, then shoot Joules a PM to arrange it...

(I'm going to need the amp shipped back to me right after MAAC...)

bunky

« Reply #18 on: 24 Oct 2005, 04:40 pm »
Quote from: PhilNYC
FYI - Joules picked up the Blue Circle BC202 amp from my customer in Bristow, VA (who, btw, might join you guys for the first MAAC!).  If anyone in the area wants to give the amp a spin in their home before the MAAC meeting, shoot me a PM to let me know, then shoot Joules a PM to arrange it...

(I'm going to need the amp shipped back to me right after MAAC...)
Hey Phil, thanks for the loan of the Bluecircle hybrid Amplifier for the first MACC gathering and thanks for your guidance and pointers while the circle was being formed....WCW III

smargo

« Reply #19 on: 24 Oct 2005, 04:58 pm »
WHERE AND WHEN IS THE MEETING - I NEED THE FULL ADDRESS - I CAN'T LOCATE IT ANYWHERE

THANKS,
SMARGO