Mapletree Ultra 4A SE

topround

Re: Mapletree Ultra 4A SE
« Reply #40 on: 8 Nov 2006, 03:25 am »
Yeah,
It sort of got me pretty excited as well. What amp do you use?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #41 on: 8 Nov 2006, 03:25 am »
The power cable was more night and day than any tube tweek, from oe.
Careful Berndt.....the "voodoo crowd" will be coming around...... :lol:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #42 on: 8 Nov 2006, 03:25 am »
It did sound good at the Rave Mike.....even better the last few hours.....the night session. 8)

Looks good....sounds good.....and....not expensive.....good bang for the buck !!! :green:

Well WolfyChris...I imagine later in the evening at those sessions you've got a good 6 pack+ in ya' :wink:, but dang did I find it sound terrific (fueled only by delicious Chinese food and Calistoga spring water) this weekend at Jimbolaya/Ribbonspeakers house  :)

Bill/Berndt....as I said, cable swaps have been mostly sideways moves, but the RAL umbilical (both times I commissioned one...from my DAC to power supply and phono amp to power supply), the difference was substantial. I don't want to spend Denise's money :P, but it could matter positively a whole bunch. I'd venture and say far MORE than any power cord swap, overall.

I think you can get substantial bit of the benefit of the Revelation Audio Labs cable if you DIY one yourself (I don't solder, or do so badly, at least).  Something 14ga or larger would work...the computer one that came with the overachieving Mapletree is probably 18ga or smaller.
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2006, 03:39 am by TheChairGuy »

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #43 on: 8 Nov 2006, 03:28 am »
Wrong John....no 6 pack that night....just a few. :lol:
But I know a good preamp when I hear one....and it was good !!! 8)

hartwerger

« Reply #44 on: 8 Nov 2006, 03:57 am »
I'll let you all know about how the Revelation umbilical cord improves the Ultra when it arrives.  Ordered it over two weeks ago.  Apparently, Revelation had to order the threaded pin connector from Lloyd's supplier and its taking them forever to send it.  Anyway, I've always wondered if an upgraded umbilical cord would make any difference this little baby; hope to find out soon.

Berndt

« Reply #45 on: 8 Nov 2006, 04:04 am »
Man,  hartwerger, you saved my Bacon! :D
I'm just going to recede into the backround now.
Must post impressions though :drool:

gooberdude

« Reply #46 on: 8 Nov 2006, 04:24 am »
The RAL umbilical was an awesome upgrade for my phono preamp.   Much more of an impact + long term satisfaction from that tiny cable than from any other aftermarket power cables I've used.  No idea why CI audio doesn't have a link on their site....the RAL was like melty cheese and just made everything better.

I hate to mention this but in the past i've made CD's for older guys who aren't into/believers of good cabling (they seem to be older, no offense meant).  I can make high resolution cd's from LP's.   For the test i run 1 side of an LP as i normally would, then to 'show' folks what stock cabling does I simply install the stock umbilical (remove the RAL) and copy the same side again. Both sides are done with cold equipment - i try not to stack the deck.    the power strip & HHB standalone still have DH Labs/Oyaide cables, which lets the differences shine through loud & clear.    Anyhoo, just 18" of RAL wire makes or breaks the music.      

the differences are easily discernable even when listening to a newer car stereo (stock), which is what i tell the guys to do so the big systems don't color their judgement.   the car stereo is the 'control'.  

GD

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #47 on: 8 Nov 2006, 04:45 am »
I own a Mapletree line 3A SE and I'm interested in the RAL umbilical. Could you supply me with a link.

Thanks,

Raja

Berndt

« Reply #48 on: 8 Nov 2006, 04:50 am »
sorry, this is a repost from John, the chair GUY....

5 or 6 pin DIN, maybe?

I totally forgot while I was there, but the umbilical between my phono stage and battery supply (that was there this weekend) may have fit your Mapletree straight up.  I didn't think of it until I was well on my way home.

Revelation Audio Labs (Brad Vojtech) made a couple umbilicals for me in the past two years....they have absolutely been the most substantial wire changes I've ever bought.  Far more benefit than anything derived from speaker cable, power cable or interconnect swaps - which tended to be subjective, rather than objective, changes for the most part.

You just tell Brad what you need, and he makes it custom for you. All silver wire, cryo'ed, air core...great stuff.  A 0.5mtr is $169 for the Passge Cryo-Silver umbilical.

Dr. Lloyd, feel free to delete this link (or contact me to do so) if posting Revelation Audio Labs web address is offensive to you on your forum, but I don't think it interferes with your product line, and may even help to enhance it 

http://revelationaudiolabs.com/cables-power/index.htm