Aurender S10 Disappeared from my Network--Help

ACHiPo

Aurender S10 Disappeared from my Network--Help
« on: 8 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm »
As the title says my Aurender has disappeared from my network. 

When I got up this morning the Aurender was still playing the playlist I was listening to last night.  When I tried to access it with my iPad, the iPad couldn't connect, so I power cycled the iPad--no change.  Tried another iPad--no difference.  Soft and hard power cycled the Aurender with no effect.  Unplugged/plugged the Ethernet cables.  My HAL music server is connected to the same wireless router as the Aurender and I can see it on the network from my desktop, but I can't see the Aurender from my desktop, the HAL, or my iPads.

The front panel of the Aurender does not show an IP address.

Thanks in advance.

AC

Phil A

Re: Aurender S10 Disappeared from my Network--Help
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2016, 01:05 pm »
Tried unplugging the router?

ACHiPo

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2016, 11:00 pm »
Tried unplugging the router?
Was going to do that and then noticed that I saw the Aurender on my PCs, so the router seems ok.  Still may try that, though.  Current status is that I see the Aurender and its HDD, but can't connect via iPad.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2016, 12:23 am »
Was going to do that and then noticed that I saw the Aurender on my PCs, so the router seems ok.  Still may try that, though.  Current status is that I see the Aurender and its HDD, but can't connect via iPad.

How about re-booting the iPad?

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 9 Apr 2016, 12:26 am »

PS - did you upgrade to the recent software? http://www.aurender.com/

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2016, 12:29 am »
"System SW 4.4.58(5.4.58) / App 2.5.x
Released on March 2 2016

New features
1. Support for Qobuz
2. Smart Copy feature
Copying files and folders can now be done within the app.
You can copy music files from NAS or external USB drive without using PC/Mac.
Models with two internal HDDs - when target HDD is full, Aurender will copy to the second HDD automatically.
There is only a copy feature. Not delete or change name. They are in our future to-do list.
3. W20 supports on-the-fly DSD to PCM conversion up to DSD64.

N10 has had DSD to PCM conversion since the introduction. N10 supports up to DSD128.

Improvements
1. Improved DAC compatibility.
2. AMM(Aurender Media Manager) Ver. 3.2 is easier to use.
Requirement to mount NAS drive before using the AMM has been eliminated.
You can mount drive within AMM.
For Mac: http://files.aurender.com/AurenderMediaManager/Beta/AurenderMediaManager.app.320.zip
For Windows: http://files.aurender.com/AurenderMediaManager/Beta/AurenderMediaManager-Win-Setup.320.exe

Bug Fix
1. Add-to-Next using TIDAL - now a song added goes not to the end of the queue
2. W20 stuck after trying to play DSD128 without a USB DAC.
3. Other bugs fixed and overall stability and usability improved.

If you have any problem with the new software, please send remote support using iPad Aurender Conductor App.(It’s under the Settings->Help)
if your iPad is not configured for email, please send email to support@aurender.com"

ACHiPo

« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2016, 12:54 am »
How about re-booting the iPad?
I rebooted both iPads this morning, with no success.  So here's the kicker--I get home from work a few minutes ago, ready to unplug my router, check the iPad, and it can now connect. No idea what was wrong or how it was fixed!

MttBsh

« Reply #7 on: 9 Apr 2016, 01:45 am »
I rebooted both iPads this morning, with no success.  So here's the kicker--I get home from work a few minutes ago, ready to unplug my router, check the iPad, and it can now connect. No idea what was wrong or how it was fixed!

We used to refer to this as "microwaves off the moon"... In other words, don't bother trying to figure out what happened, just be happy it's back and enjoy the music!

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 9 Apr 2016, 02:46 am »
We used to refer to this as "microwaves off the moon"... In other words, don't bother trying to figure out what happened, just be happy it's back and enjoy the music!

I agree - happens a fair amount with hardware and software.

ACHiPo

« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2016, 04:20 am »
I'd be happier if I hadn't lost 2 hours of listening this morning trying to figure out wtf happened. :duh: :scratch:  That being said, the TWL PCs are breaking in nicely and all is right with the world this evening. :thumb: