What jazz ALBUM are you currently listening to?

Jeff_From_Michigan

Re: What jazz ALBUM are you currently listening to?
« Reply #21480 on: 5 Mar 2022, 12:52 pm »
Michael, it varies a little depending on browser & location of the pic. First do a "quote" on any posting with a pic to see what it (the core post) looks like. The "insert image" box is the first on the left of the lower row of buttons above the emojies in the posting section. You'll likely want two window/tabs open. Start a post, go to your image source, Amazon, allmusic, Discogs, etc., find the album image, right-click on the image, in the flyout select "copy image link" (or address), return to your Post, left click the image button, then copy/past from memory (the image location you selected earlier). Note the cursor needs to be between the middle brackets [img] here [/...], then do a "Preview" to see result. Typical image size you see posted is 500x500 pix, most Amazon images are that but larger images of 1200x & larger can be edited down to 500x simply by changing that characteristic in the image address. Discogs images are usually 600x, not sure about the streaming service images. Keeping the image to 500x keeps it easily visible on smaller screens. I'm sure you've see some of the larger pics which add scroll bars to bottom & side to view the whole thing, making them very inconvenient, and impossible to view in total. Or you can copy an image to your computer, then upload it to AC, then select that address to insert from.

Hope that helps, if not PM me I'll try to clarify.
Cheers.........JD

One way that works on a Mac is to save the image to Photos, then go about uploading and inserting it. Make sure you preview it before posting so you can see exactly what it will look like.

A bit of a PITA considering that you will at some point need to delete the pic from Photos, but this is the only way that I've been able to make it work.

rockadanny

« Reply #21481 on: 5 Mar 2022, 05:35 pm »
Art Pepper: Unreleased Art, Vol. 1 - The Complete Abashiri Concert - November 22, 1981 (2 disc)

Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane

Red Garland - All Mornin' Long (with John Coltrane, etc.)

« Last Edit: 6 Mar 2022, 04:52 am by rockadanny »

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #21482 on: 5 Mar 2022, 05:59 pm »

Exotica Saturday!

dB Cooper

« Reply #21483 on: 5 Mar 2022, 07:32 pm »
One way that works on a Mac is to save the image to Photos, then go about uploading and inserting it. Make sure you preview it before posting so you can see exactly what it will look like.

A bit of a PITA considering that you will at some point need to delete the pic from Photos, but this is the only way that I've been able to make it work.

Easiest way is to simply download the image to your desktop and then select 'Upload and insert image', navigate to it, select  'upload' and you're done. No need to invoke Photos at all.

Chazz5

« Reply #21484 on: 5 Mar 2022, 11:48 pm »
Horace Silver and the Jazz Messengers, Blue Note BS T-81518

Played on a Pioneer PL-112D turntable with AT-VM95ML cartridge in Audio-Technica headshell. Note: this headshell does not allow the cartridge to be set in the slots to meet the Pioneer-specified 15.5 mm overhang. With the cartridge pushed all the way to the back of the slots, the stylus is at 17 to 17.5 mm. But it sounds great.

Rudy Van Gelder mixed the album. You can hear why his work polarizes opinions. The clarity is excellent. It does not sound unnatural, but to my ear it performs a miracle or a devil's deed: it compresses the dynamic range yet allocates it marvelously.

Quaint note on the album: "Users of Wide Range equipment should adjust their controls for RIAA curve."

jrobinson

« Reply #21485 on: 6 Mar 2022, 05:57 pm »

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #21486 on: 7 Mar 2022, 01:34 pm »

Easiest way is to simply download the image to your desktop and then select 'Upload and insert image', navigate to it, select  'upload' and you're done. No need to invoke Photos at all.

Thanks for the tip. My first attempt:

Now I just need to figure out to get it to the standard larger size so people with old eyes (like me) can see it!

GerryD

« Reply #21487 on: 7 Mar 2022, 08:19 pm »

dB Cooper

« Reply #21488 on: 8 Mar 2022, 02:15 am »
Thanks for the tip. My first attempt:

Now I just need to figure out to get it to the standard larger size so people with old eyes (like me) can see it!

That depends on the pixel dimensions of the  image in question. 500px- 800 px seems to be a good range. Google will tell you the size before you download.

GerryD

« Reply #21489 on: 11 Mar 2022, 03:21 pm »

Interesting sound using a lap steel guitar. Here's more info and a review:

https://www.jazzwax.com/2021/05/mike-neer-keepin-it-real.html

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
« Reply #21490 on: 11 Mar 2022, 05:22 pm »

aragon63

« Reply #21491 on: 12 Mar 2022, 12:35 am »

aragon63

« Reply #21492 on: 13 Mar 2022, 11:50 pm »

Merryvale92

« Reply #21493 on: 14 Mar 2022, 12:21 am »

Animule

« Reply #21494 on: 14 Mar 2022, 12:37 am »

GerryD

« Reply #21495 on: 16 Mar 2022, 06:37 pm »

rockadanny

« Reply #21496 on: 17 Mar 2022, 08:06 pm »
Art Pepper - Unreleased Art, Vol. II - The Last Concert May 30, 1982 - Kool Jazz Festival
His final recorded concert. Several weeks later he went into a coma, few weeks later he died.

Thelonious Monk - Straight, No Chaser
Awesome sound quality on this reissue, with two really good bonus tracks.

GerryD

« Reply #21497 on: 18 Mar 2022, 07:26 pm »

GerryD

« Reply #21498 on: 19 Mar 2022, 07:57 pm »

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #21499 on: 20 Mar 2022, 06:41 pm »

Sergio Mendes & Brasil ‘77 • Primal Roots