BDP-1 not seen on network

newmill

BDP-1 not seen on network
« on: 27 Aug 2019, 11:34 pm »
Wondering if anyone has any fix for my BDP-1 issue. It plays well and sounds great, firmware is pretty current, has dual 2 terrabyte hard drives connected, is easily controlled with the Mpad app on my I-pad, but I can not see it on my network in order to drop files onto the hard drive. If I look at the Ignite page, I can see Bryston on the list of connected (ethernet) devices. When I look for it on my PC, I only see the Sonos and other devices connected to the network. File sharing is enabled. On 2 separate occasions, I did see the Bryston on my computer, and was able to add music files, but 99.9% of the time it does not appear. At my old house this was not an issue. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Nick

Spyman

Re: BDP-1 not seen on network
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2019, 10:26 pm »
The same thing happens to me! I used to be able to rip cds directly to the hard drive attached to my BDP-1 from my PC in another room but that hasn’t happened in quite a while. If I’m not mistaken, I think this started when I upgraded to Windows 8 years ago. For the last several years I’ve had to detach the hard drive from the BDP and take it to the other room, plug it into the computer and rip cds that way. It works, but it’s inconvenient and a bit more time consuming. As with you, the PC doesn’t show the BDP on the network. If Chris or James or anyone else has an idea, that would be great!

Terry

srb

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2019, 10:55 pm »
It could be an issue with discovery rather than connectivity.

Can you ping the BDP-1 from a command prompt window on the PC?

ping bdp1hostname

ping bdp1ipaddress

Try entering the BDP-1 hostname or IP address in the address bar of a File Explorer window:

\\bdp1hostname

\\bdp1ipaddress
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2019, 12:06 am by srb »

Spyman

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2019, 01:33 am »
Thanks! I’ll try that tomorrow.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2019, 12:33 pm »