Thinning the Jazz collection:LP's For Sale

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Thinning the Jazz collection:LP's For Sale
« on: 22 Jul 2018, 01:57 am »
I'll be posting a few dozen LP's that I have duplicates (triplicates?) to clear some room. 
Shipping is $5.  Up to two more free.  Starting with Stereo records. 

Vince Guaraldi Trio  "Impressions of Black Orpheus"   Fantasy 8089 first pressing  Side one NM   Side two has scratch that ticks for "Moon River" and part of Alma-Ville.  "Cast your Fate" plays clean along with the other two cuts.  VG  Cover intact with broken corners. 
     $15$12

Di Meola, McLaughlin, De Lucia    Friday Night in San Francisco  Columbia FC 37152 original '81 pressing  NM/VG++  couple light scratches on side two but plays quiet.  Cover intact w/ ring and minor checking, corner wear.  $22 $18

Gato Barbieri    Caliente!  A&M  SP4597 side 1 NM side 2 couple of scratches that will probably pop    $3 $2

mono

Ahmad Jamal   At the Pershing  But Not For Me    Argo 628 Hi Fidelity (mono)  One of Jamals best, both in music quality a recording.   Vg+ 
         This is an ungly copy that plays pretty clean.  Lead in on side one looks bad, but plays through with slight noise, then plays clean. Side 2 light scratch pops occasionally   Original 1958 pressing.   $12

Stan Getz/Charlie Parker    The Saxes of Stan Getz and Charlie Parker    Jazztone J1240  1956 pressing NM   Beautiful copy.   Getz/Horace Silver/Miles Davis/Duke Jordan/Max Roach/ JJ Johnson         Getz/Silver one side    Parker/miles/roach on the other.    cover tight with light stains
$17 $15

Harry Belafonte   At Carnegie Hall  RCA black dog  LOC-6006   Mono version of TAS list record.  2 LP's Sides VG+ tp VG++  all sides playable   Not only first 1959 pressing, all sides 1S stampers so first stamp of the first pressing...  dynamics are great.   $22 $18

Monk   Criss-Cross   Columbia cl2038  1963 original 2 eye   Vinyl G+ Cover VG++  lots of scratches and noise, but no skips.  Playable copy.  Cover tight, corners good, no tears, clean edges.    $8 $6

Julie London  Julie is her Name   Liberty  LRP 3006  black and rainbow label, probably '60 second pressing  VG+  cover Vg+     very nice vinyl with few light marks,  cover intact w no checking or splits just light surface wear   $40 $32
Oscar Peterson     The Trio Live from Chicago  Verve  V-8420 Original 1961 pressing  This is a very well recorded Verve gatefold in true NM condition.  w/Ray Brown and Ed Thigpen  cover excellent.   All these guys were in their early thirties and in their prime.  Recorded at the London House nightclub in an intimate, close mic-ed recording.   I can't recommend this one highly enough.    $25

JImmy Smith   Bashin'    Verve   V-8474   Gatefold 1962 pressing     NM/VG+ vinyl that plays NM throughout    Side men include Doc Severenson and Phil Woods  Recorded by Rudy Van Gelder and so stamped.  Cover clean with writing inside gatefold so VG+ tight throughout w/light chipping   $8

« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2018, 01:27 am by S Clark »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Thinning the Jazz collection:LP's For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2018, 10:10 pm »
Hello, Scott.

If the below listed LPs are still available, I'd like to buy them from you. [If there are more LPs that I am interested in and you think it is easier/safer to ship a larger quantity, I don't mind waiting till you've finished presenting your wares. Otherwise, I'll happily pay for them and take delivery now.]

Regards,

Michael

Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays   As Falls Witchita, so Falls Witchita Falls   NM-  cover NM- (slot)
     Highly regarded ECM recording    First Pressing   $15

P. Metheny, O. Coleman, C. Haden, J. Dejohnette, D. Coleman  "SongX" 
    Allstar ensemble  first pressing  Geffin Records    Nasty looking side 1 scuff, but plays NM.   Perfect playing, ugly copy.    $12

Keith Jarrett Solo Concerts  Bremem Lausanne  ECM 3-1035
     3 LPs booklet, box VG+ seams intact     5 sides mint, one has really tiny line that doesn't sound    NM   $12

Dave Brubeck Quartet  "Newport '58  CS 8082  Columbia 6 Eye,  VG+ visually, plays pretty clean with minor noise and occasional pops. Good listenable copy.   Cover VG+  corners pretty clean, 
     flaking on edges  $12

Joe Pass and Herb Ellis w/Ray Brown   Seven Come Eleven  Concord Jazz CJ-2  VG+ light scratch on side 1  but plays NM  $8
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2018, 03:46 pm by mresseguie »

S Clark

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2018, 12:22 am »
Michael, you've got a PM coming.   :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2018, 03:02 am »
Scott,

Keep 'em coming as you have time, I think you'll find a number of us interested.  8)

JD

S Clark

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2018, 04:51 am »
I pulled 12-15 more this evening, but I've got to do some listening to check condition before I can price them.  Should be up later tomorrow.  Some are duplicates, some just stuff that I never listen to. 

S Clark

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2018, 03:35 am »

Making additions to the list above...

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2018, 01:20 pm »
It's Metheny...if you care.

S Clark

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2018, 01:43 pm »
It's Metheny...if you care.
Thanks.  Correction made. 

S Clark

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2018, 04:46 pm »
More additions...

S Clark

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2018, 03:52 pm »
Adding some '50's pressing of mono jazz.. Can't believe I've got duplicate, clean copies of some of this stuff. 

S Clark

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2018, 03:25 pm »
And a copy of a Sheffield Lab...

Sidstall

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2018, 04:41 pm »
PMed

S Clark

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2018, 06:36 pm »
PMed
You've got a reply... and the records you wanted are marked pending.  Please double check me to make sure I didn't overlook anything. :thumb:

S Clark

Re: Thinning the Jazz collection:LP's For Salesold
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2018, 06:48 pm »
Adding rather beat up but playable first pressing of Thelonius Monk  Criss-Cross-- with a quite nice cover. 

... and nice Julie London. 
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2018, 08:45 pm by S Clark »

S Clark

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jul 2018, 06:45 pm »
--- and a true NM Oscar Peterson. 
--- and a clean Jimmy Smith  "Bashin'"    both on Verve. 

S Clark

« Reply #15 on: 31 Jul 2018, 10:45 pm »
--- and a true NM Oscar Peterson. 
--- and a clean Jimmy Smith  "Bashin'"    both on Verve.
And a few price drops.  Need space more that $