Poll

A wild card team must always travel in the playoffs.  Do you believe as I do that home games in the playoffs be based on record?

yes, the team with the worse record should travel.
10 (41.7%)
no, keep the current system.
14 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

NFL Division Winners Automatically Get A Home Playoff Game!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: NFL Division Winners Automatically Get A Home Playoff Game!
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jan 2011, 02:13 am »
I'm a huge Saints fan. I'm pleased that they are in the Playoffs to defend their Title. The fact that they have to travel to Seattle to play a team with a losing record sucks.  :evil:

However, this is the only time in NFL history that this has happened. It's ironic that it's happened to the defending World Champs, but they had control of their own destiny and this is what they've earned.

No need to change the rules for a one-off. If it turns into a trend I will feel differently.

Go Saints,
Jerry

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #21 on: 4 Jan 2011, 02:17 am »
The Bucs and Giants are the first teams since 1991 to win 10 games and not make the playoffs.    :scratch:

In the NFC. Just a few years ago, the AFC's New England Patriots had a 11-5 record and didn't make it into the playoffs.

Cheers,
Robin

soundbitten1

« Reply #22 on: 4 Jan 2011, 02:42 am »

In the NFC.

Yep, forgot to make that distinction.

Just a few years ago, the AFC's New England Patriots had a 11-5 record and didn't make it into the playoffs.

Wasn't that the year Brady was out injured and Matt Cassel started?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 4 Jan 2011, 02:53 am »
Yep, forgot to make that distinction.

Wasn't that the year Brady was out injured and Matt Cassel started?

I'm not sure but you're probably right. All I remember was all the whining from the Pat fans (and rightly so) that any team with such a winning record wouldn't qualify for the playoffs. And now you have a 7-9 team that not only qualified but won their pathetic division. Incredible.  :roll:

Cheers,
Robin

Sonny

« Reply #24 on: 4 Jan 2011, 02:55 am »
I'm a huge Saints fan. I'm pleased that they are in the Playoffs to defend their Title. The fact that they have to travel to Seattle to play a team with a losing record sucks.  :evil:

However, this is the only time in NFL history that this has happened. It's ironic that it's happened to the defending World Champs, but they had control of their own destiny and this is what they've earned.

No need to change the rules for a one-off. If it turns into a trend I will feel differently.

Go Saints,
Jerry

Jerry, I am a long time Seahawks fan!  While I think they stink, they did win the division, bad or whatever...so, I agree, it's the rules, the way it was set up... Seattle didn't want to be in this predicament, but they are!  I think they will lose, but it the playoffs, it's one game, anything can happen...I hope! 
Tuan (now live in between the 49ers and Raiders!

soundbitten1

« Reply #25 on: 4 Jan 2011, 03:05 am »
I don't think it'll happen but N.O. could be ripe for an upset having to go on the road in the Northwest. Though Whitehurst had a decent game against the Rams Hasslebeck may be ready to play this weekend and the veteran could show up with a hot hand.

soundbitten1

« Reply #26 on: 9 Jan 2011, 12:57 am »
Looks like the Seahawks deserved to be in it.   :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #27 on: 9 Jan 2011, 01:07 am »
Boy...what a run my Lynch!  Great game!  had me (from Seattle) worrying for sure!  Great win for the Hawks!
T

Sonny

« Reply #28 on: 9 Jan 2011, 01:20 am »
I don't think it'll happen but N.O. could be ripe for an upset having to go on the road in the Northwest. Though Whitehurst had a decent game against the Rams Hasslebeck may be ready to play this weekend and the veteran could show up with a hot hand.

You said IT!

chip

« Reply #29 on: 9 Jan 2011, 01:26 am »

In the NFC. Just a few years ago, the AFC's New England Patriots had a 11-5 record and didn't make it into the playoffs.

Cheers,
Robin

I recall that and that was interesting to have that good of a record and not make the playoffs.

chip

« Reply #30 on: 9 Jan 2011, 01:27 am »
Boy...what a run my Lynch!  Great game!  had me (from Seattle) worrying for sure!  Great win for the Hawks!
T

Wow that was a fun game to watch. I really didn't care who won just great to watch. I hope the rest are like this.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #31 on: 9 Jan 2011, 01:30 am »
Looks like the Seahawks deserved to be in it.   :thumb:

Well Seattle's now a 8-9 team. A win next weekend and they break even for the year.  :lol: 

Unbelievable performance.  :notworthy:

Cheers,
Robin

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 9 Jan 2011, 03:46 am »

Go Saints,
Jerry

Ouch, I bet all of that sentiment really hurts about now.

I sympathize because I expect both my Eagles and Steelers to make unceremonious early bows out of the playoffs, so save a spot on your bench for me.  But it was great to see such an underdog win, fun game.