Audio Fest Music

mix4fix

• Facilitator
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Audio Fest Music
« on: 10 Nov 2023, 07:14 pm »
It all sounds the same.

I feel like I am stuck in an elevator.

aricml

Re: Audio Fest Music
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2023, 05:56 am »
Sorry, you get no refuge, no respite, no sanctuary here..

charmerci

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2023, 02:12 pm »
In their defense, people are there to compare the equipment, not to listen to music. If everyone used a different recording, a manufacturer could be building equipment which only sounds good on certain types of recordings and you wouldn't know until after you bought the equipment. You're there to compare, not to hear new music.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2023, 03:15 pm »

I could only imagine how often you'd hear the main popular audiophile tracks. It'd be awesome if someone was playing music that was audiophile track adjacent where it wasn't Dark Side Of The Moon but instead their Animals album, or instead of Hotel California they played One Of These Nights. They are still albums that have been meticulously well recorded, everyone has heard, and haven't been :deadhorse:. Also if they really wanted to wow some people on realism, toss in some live albums. Things like Alice In Chains MTV Unplugged or Adele Live at Royal Albert Hall are phenomenal recordings. A.I.C. is probably the single best recorded live album I've heard. Unfortunately @mix4fix you'll probably just get your fill on Time and Money.  :duh: @Charmerci is right, the people do attend to hear the gear against each other, not the music itself.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2023, 05:12 pm »

I could only imagine how often you'd hear the main popular audiophile tracks. It'd be awesome if someone was playing music that was audiophile track adjacent where it wasn't Dark Side Of The Moon but instead their Animals album, or instead of Hotel California they played One Of These Nights. They are still albums that have been meticulously well recorded, everyone has heard, and haven't been :deadhorse:. Also if they really wanted to wow some people on realism, toss in some live albums. Things like Alice In Chains MTV Unplugged or Adele Live at Royal Albert Hall are phenomenal recordings. A.I.C. is probably the single best recorded live album I've heard. Unfortunately @mix4fix you'll probably just get your fill on Time and Money.  :duh: @Charmerci is right, the people do attend to hear the gear against each other, not the music itself.

One can never have enough Time or Money.

charmerci

« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2023, 09:26 pm »
One can never have enough Time or Money.

Fun-nee, it's a gas....