BDP-2 Sounds better with Self Powered Hard drive than portable hard drive, 2 me.

wplash666

I have  a 2 terabyte and 3 terabyte WD Passport portable drive and a 4 Terabyte WD MyBook self powered hard drive, and my BDP-2 definitely sounds better with the self powered HD . Each HD contains my entire collection > 24000 songs. Was wondering if anyone else had this experience.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Being here since the beginning I personally have never been able to tell the difference myself, but some of our customers have certainly expressed similar opinions either leaning one way or another and I'm sure if you look around (perhaps hard some of the thread can be dozens of pages long) you'll certainly find some of those people.

Chris

gil99

Just replaced a WD HDD passport 500 gb with a SSD Sandisk extreme 1Tb drive and found that the SSD drive sounds better.
Gilles

zoom25

I have multiple My Passport 2.5" and MyBook 3.5" external powered and various flash drives. They all sound different. Use the Jitterbug with each of them as well and you get another sound from each again. NAS also sounds different. The sound can also change based on the network setup and router/switch. I have like 5 of them and have tried LPS. FLAC and WAV also sound different from each. Furthermore, you can also wireless MPD or Roon playback via USB Wifi-dongle. You can also attach Jitterbug to that. DLNA via Audirvana.

You can easily make over 30+ different sound profiles with sometimes not so subtle differences.

I've started threads about this in the past. This is a more recent one between the 3 different storages: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=162169.0

wplash666

Might have to check out the jitterbug. Thanks for the replies.