College Football Anyone?

Mudslide

Re: College Football Anyone?
« Reply #60 on: 1 Dec 2014, 03:22 pm »
:lol: :thumb:

Awesome comparison photos!  (I'm not really a Ducks fan.)

Thanks.  I had so much fun with that one, I thought I'd give equal time to the Oregon State Beavers.   :lol:

or maybe this one    

mav52

« Reply #61 on: 1 Dec 2014, 03:35 pm »

Me, I'm looking for a match up between Alabama and FSU

rodge827

« Reply #62 on: 2 Dec 2014, 01:24 am »

+1  :duel:

Mudslide

« Reply #63 on: 2 Dec 2014, 04:16 am »

I think any of the top 10 teams would crush FSU.  They have beaten a bunch of patsies this year....barely.  And btw, Winston has thrown more interceptions in the last three games than Mariota has thrown in his career!

Ducks - Bama!   :beer:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #64 on: 2 Dec 2014, 10:43 am »
Thanks.  I had so much fun with that one, I thought I'd give equal time to the Oregon State Beavers.   :lol:

or maybe this one    

Fun game to watch, just for the colors.  (Since my cataract surgery, colors have returned for me.  Everyone knows of the cloudiness of the cataract, but I had it in both eyes, and didn't realize the cloudiness was yellow.)

Mudslide

« Reply #65 on: 2 Dec 2014, 03:42 pm »
Fun game to watch, just for the colors.  (Since my cataract surgery, colors have returned for me.  Everyone knows of the cloudiness of the cataract, but I had it in both eyes, and didn't realize the cloudiness was yellow.)

Congrats!   :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #66 on: 6 Dec 2014, 05:02 pm »
Oh man, what a game.  Here's another try at the John Deere theme.....

Mudslide

« Reply #67 on: 6 Dec 2014, 05:45 pm »
I apologize if this is getting old.  (But I'm having a good time.   :D)  But I just have to post this photo from last night's PAC12 championship game and the Heisman trophy...inadvertent pose.....

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #68 on: 6 Dec 2014, 08:11 pm »
I watch the game last night.   IMO , this is the best Oregon team I have seen. Much better than the team that played Auburn for National championship.

I,m nervous about the SEC championship game today.

Roll Tide

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #69 on: 6 Dec 2014, 08:16 pm »
I missed that game, but the Ducks have sure come into their own. Looks like they crushed Arizona.
Mariota is flat out great at what he does, plus I understand he's not full of himself, which is a nice attribute.

If you wanna see another at the top of his game, check out BSU's Jay Ajayi tonight against Fresno. He's a potent running back that has that "tractor" mentality. Drags his tacklers along with him for a couple of yards or even mows them down...a juggernaut!

Emil

« Reply #70 on: 28 Dec 2014, 06:58 pm »
Congratulations Nittany Lions!

Had to pleasure to be at  Yankee Stadium last night to witness this win over Boston College in front of a sold out house where PSU fans outnumbered BC fans by 4 to 1. Felt as if Happy Valley was in the Bronx. Electric.

A big "thank you' to those seniors who decided not to leave once the NCAA applied its sanctions. Ecstatic that they get to leave their college football experience with a bowl win. Hard not to love this team.

Emil

« Reply #71 on: 2 Jan 2015, 03:26 pm »
Hey Mudslie

Though you'd be on here by now :lol:

Go Ohio State!   Go Big10!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #72 on: 2 Jan 2015, 06:10 pm »
Yesterday was a great day for college football. I love having all the traditional New Year's Day bowl games back on New Year's Day. One of the many things I did not like about the BCS was it broke up the New Year's Day I grew up with. We had a family bowl game trifecta. My oldest was a Duck, my youngest was a Horned Frog and I am a Mizzou Tiger.

Go Ducks!

Mudslide

« Reply #73 on: 2 Jan 2015, 07:20 pm »
You know the irony here? ... The old BCS system would have Alabama and FSU playing for the national championship.  Hahahahahaaaaa

GO DUCKS!!

Mudslide

« Reply #74 on: 2 Jan 2015, 07:22 pm »
Hey Mudslie

Though you'd be on here by now :lol:

Go Ohio State!   Go Big10!

:lol:  I've been too busy basking in the afterglow of the game to post here until now.  Whadagame!  And I love the Bucks for whoopin' up on the Tide. 

But sorry, Bucks....GO DUCKS. 

:D

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #75 on: 2 Jan 2015, 07:25 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of the Ducks, and so-so on the Buckeyes, but it sure was sweet to see the SEC fall on their faces.   :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #76 on: 2 Jan 2015, 10:02 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of the Ducks, and so-so on the Buckeyes, but it sure was sweet to see the SEC fall on their faces.   :thumb:

Absolutely!

I wonder what ESPN is going to do now.   :wink:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #77 on: 2 Jan 2015, 10:30 pm »
I see the SEC jealousy is alive and well in this thread. :lol: No question the SEC West laid an egg this bowl season (Alabama's play calling was mind boggling), but the East is about to go 4-0 and 12 of the 14 teams are playing in a bowl game. Still the best conference top to bottom. The PAC 12 is close and the top 3 B1G teams are pretty good.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #78 on: 3 Jan 2015, 12:24 am »
So pleased with my Spartans!  But that game about gave me a heart attack. :hyper:

And their only losses were to the two teams playing for the national championship.  Not bad, eh?

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #79 on: 3 Jan 2015, 12:50 am »
I see the SEC jealousy is alive and well in this thread. :lol: No question the SEC West laid an egg this bowl season (Alabama's play calling was mind boggling), but the East is about to go 4-0 and 12 of the 14 teams are playing in a bowl game. Still the best conference top to bottom. The PAC 12 is close and the top 3 B1G teams are pretty good.

Hey, VL, I'm calling you out on this one!   Notwithstanding Texas' attempt to turn the Big 12 into their own little cash cow, Mizzou sold their soul for TV money.  The success the Tigers, and to a lesser extent A&M have had in the SEC was the first hint that the SEC wasn't all it was cracked up to be.   The conference has long touted its own success, but some of those teams play patsies late in the year,  I wonder if Vanderbilt didn't sweeten the pot to get Mizzou on board? That way the Commodores wouldn't have to carry the entire SEC conference football GPA all by themselves.  BWHAHAHA!!  :icon_twisted:

I live in Missouri and like Mizzou (my daughter is an alum), but by birth I'm an ACC fan, but I don't like all this conference musical chairs BS.  Maryland in the Big Ten?  Why? 

I'm gonna miss the annual KU Rock Chock/Upchuck beatdown, as I've had some unpleasant experience with KU students and faculty who seem overcome by a sense of their own self-importance.   

Let the flame wars begin!   :lol: