Marina V -Excellent indie female singer/songer live tonight

lo mein

Catch her show if possible. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Saw her live last Saturday. WOW!!!

Beautiful voice, great pianist. Beautiful, honest original Adult Alternative music.

Playing tonight in S. Pasadena.

Schdules to LA area's shows here--

http://www.marinav.com/events.html

Alex

cjr888

Re: Marina V -Excellent indie female singer/songer live toni
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2003, 02:01 am »
Quote from: lo mein

Beautiful voice, great pianist. Beautiful, honest original Adult Alternative music.

Alex

Not bad.  Bet she'd be excellent live... and not exactly hard on the eyes.

Surprising though, especially in southern california, that she wouldn't be in music videos instead of having several shows at Borders!  

I'd say catch her while you can, some of those tracks are certainly poppy enough to make for solid radio play...

'Something of my own' I thought I was listening to Tori cover singer for the first 30 seconds.  Like the track -- not sure if I 100% take to the rest of the album, but have a feeling that I'd appreciate her music a whole lot more live...

lo mein

Re: Marina V -Excellent indie female singer/songer live toni
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2003, 02:36 am »
Quote from: cjr888
Quote from: lo mein

Alex

Not bad.  Bet she'd be excellent live... and not exactly hard on the eyes.

Surprising though, especially in southern california, that she wouldn't be in music videos instead of having several shows at Borders!  

I'd say catch her while you can, some of those tracks are certainly poppy enough to make for solid radio play...

'Something of my own' I thought I was listening to Tori cover singer for the first 30 seconds.  Like the track -- not sure if I 100% take to the rest of the album, but have a feeling that I'd appreciate her music a whole lot more live...

She's fabulous in performancing live.

Just her, a digital Yamaha piano, and her writing partner join in with the acoustic guitar occasionally.

Her 1st CD is more poppy than her 2nd CD.

She made a comment about the major labels -- Not very flattering. I guess that's why she's still an indie artist.

BTW. She's Russian born, classically trained pianist.

Bought both of her CDs, and have been playing both on repeats, for 4,5 times every evening since Saturday night. It's still playing right now. :)

Alex