Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

drmike

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #560 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:52 pm »
poco. last night at the tupelo music hall in salisbury, ma. great acoustic show.
pure prarie league opened, joined them onstage to do "willin".
great show,
drmike

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #561 on: 21 Feb 2010, 07:39 pm »
Saw Medeski, Martin & Wood for the first time last night at the Rio, in Santa Cruz. It was a terrific 3+ hour experimental, acidy, funky, jammy jazz show.

Len

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #562 on: 21 Feb 2010, 07:55 pm »
RUSTED ROOT   NEW YEARS EVE     :drool: :thumb:
Pittsburgh Pa.
They kind of muffed the countdown   but the show was outstanding !! Always fun to bring in the New Year with one of your favorite bands.
If you never heard them check them out online or buy one of their cd's. Great tribal rock jam band :green: and ALWAYS fantastic in concert !!
Todd

One of my fav bands and they definitely kick ass live!  I have seen them in tiny clubs with just a few hundred people to HORDE festival where they have played in front of tens of thousands.

Too bad they aren't really touring very much anymore.  Looks like only a handful of shows in the first half of 2010.  :-(

George

Scottdazzle

« Reply #563 on: 26 Feb 2010, 04:59 pm »

I got a great big pleasant surprise Wednesday evening at a reception/awards event.  Instead of background music, a dance band, a cover group, or (God forbid) a deejay, there was a genuine bonafide musical artist.  Adrienne Young on vocals, guitar, and banjo along with a cello player and drummer -- an odd combo but it worked.  Adrienne comes from an Americana background but her newest album, pictured below, is more pop-ish.  If you like Gillian Welsh or acoustic Emmylou I'd recommend Adrienne's The Art of Virtue.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #564 on: 28 Feb 2010, 08:26 am »
We saw a deep & darkly beautiful Mary Gauthier show tonight at the Crepe Place in Santa Cruz. She performed all the songs from her new & unreleased "The Foundling" album and a number of others. It's her first concept. She paid tribute to Willie Nelson and his "Red Headed Stranger" for being her favorite concept album & providing inspiration. Great show.

JackD201

« Reply #565 on: 28 Feb 2010, 01:38 pm »
Jane Monheit and her band at the Philippine Jazz Festival last Friday. All I can say is that their CDs can't hold a candle to their live performances.

Ruby Mae

« Reply #566 on: 28 Feb 2010, 02:43 pm »
We saw a deep & darkly beautiful Mary Gauthier show tonight at the Crepe Place in Santa Cruz. She performed all the songs from her new & unreleased "The Foundling" album and a number of others. It's her first concept. She paid tribute to Willie Nelson and his "Red Headed Stranger" for being her favorite concept album & providing inspiration. Great show.

This is what I like to hear  since I am seeing her in April with the Cowboy Junkies   :thumb:

Ruby Mae

« Reply #567 on: 28 Feb 2010, 04:06 pm »

double set of The Sadies  :thumb: at the Mercury Lounge. 
Those guys deserve a better venue.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #568 on: 1 Mar 2010, 12:25 am »
This is what I like to hear  since I am seeing her in April with the Cowboy Junkies   :thumb:

Peggy, sounds like a great show.

Len

Ruby Mae

« Reply #569 on: 1 Mar 2010, 12:58 am »
Peggy, sounds like a great show.

Len

I'm psyched Len and I have really good seats  :D

jimdgoulding

« Reply #570 on: 1 Mar 2010, 01:19 am »
Dang, Dreyer, nobody need ever tell you that you need to get out more!  Way to go! 

Last gig for me was Vienna Teng.  Ruthie Foster before that.  Be seein Carolyn Wonderland Mar 19th.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #571 on: 1 Mar 2010, 01:36 am »
Dang, Dreyer, nobody need ever tell you that you need to get out more!  Way to go! 

Last gig for me was Vienna Teng.  Ruthie Foster before that.  Be seein Carolyn Wonderland Mar 19th.

Hey Jim,

Our little town, in between LA & SF, has a great music scene which makes it all too easy.

Len

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #572 on: 1 Mar 2010, 02:45 am »
Guys and gals!  You HAVE to see The Aluminum Show!!!.   Part Blue Man Group, part Muppets, great sound, lighting, costumes, humor, effects, you name it!!  It is visual theatre incorporating dancing, puppetry and illusions.

My wife and I saw it tonight here in Mid-Missouri. Little kids and even old farts like me LOVED it!  Highly recommended! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.aluminum-show.com

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #573 on: 1 Mar 2010, 02:55 am »
The Patti Smith Group, PJ Harvey, Maria Muldaur, Jeff Beck.
PJ Harvey and Jeff Beck were an hour on the nose and then encore time. 

Demarche

« Reply #574 on: 4 Mar 2010, 04:27 pm »
Joe Henry last night at the Aladdin Theatre. It was a phenomenal show. His drummer Jay Bellerose was simply amazing. What a remarkable talent, he has a very fluid & graceful style that I had never seen before in a drummer.

JoshK

« Reply #575 on: 5 Mar 2010, 06:16 pm »
Going to Muse/Silversun Pickups tonight.  Prety excited to see them both.  MSG is not my favorite venue, but I got floor seats right behind the GA.

JoshK

« Reply #576 on: 7 Mar 2010, 04:08 pm »
Muse was fantastic!  I only caught 3 songs of SSPU.   :evil:  I had left my ticket in the office and had to hike it back to pick it up, which made me 20 minutes late and they had started early. 

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #577 on: 10 Mar 2010, 06:36 am »
Saw a very cool Corrine West & Kelly Joe Phelps show tonight at Don Quixote's in Felton.  They are touring Northern CA. right now. He's a phenomenal guitarist who appears to be in a flat picking phase. She's a very good singer/songwriter. They make really good music together.  Here's a taste.

(Hey Jim, tickets were only $10 how could I not go.  :wink: )

jimdgoulding

« Reply #578 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:03 am »
Damn, man, yer starting to piss me off!  One of my not to long ago visits was to Deetjen's Big Sur Inn, btw.  Tripped at that place with the hot baths on the cliff in the middle of the nite not far away back in the day.  Man, that was phenominally cool.  You a lucky dude. 

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #579 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:16 am »
Wasn't familiar with Deetjen's (had to google it) but have spent many good nights at Andrew Molera, Pfeiffer & the Tickle Pink Inn.