Cirrus Review in the Wild

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
Cirrus Review in the Wild
« on: 16 Aug 2013, 04:40 pm »
Finally someone was able to get a set of Cirrus Black out there for a review.  Greg from Stereotimes.com published a review of them and looks like has mostly shining things to say about them.  Comparing them to the Cirrus Black I have at home, I would agree with him wholeheartedly.  I don't know if forward is the right word he was looking for in describing them so much as shocking levels of resolution.  Either way I thought I'd post this here so folks could find it easier.

http://stereotimes.com/post/vapor-audio-cirrus-black-loudspeaker/

sturgus

Re: Cirrus Review in the Wild
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2013, 12:16 am »
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Local boy does well. Congratulations Ryan nice write up. One day I would  love to hear pair in my system.

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2013, 01:30 am »
Why must there be so much temptation to head down to St Louis to hear your line? We will figure out a good time...

newzooreview

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2013, 02:06 am »
That's my pair pictured in the review!

Apparently he didn't take a photo of the actual pair he listened to.

I'm having to put mine up for sale if anyone is interested: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=118765.0

LateApex

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2013, 12:59 am »
Congrats Ryan on a nice review.  Keep spreading the love with those review samples.

coverto

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2013, 02:13 am »
I also think the review is spot-on, except for the part about them being forward. Yes, probably more so than a pair of Spendors, which are of course unusually laid back. I would say the Cirrus are perfectly balanced in the treble vs the bass. The treble is so clean and quiet you might sometimes wonder if it isn't rolled off, then bam - a cymbal crash or a bell is struck, and you're hearing it in all its sparkling, slow-decaying glory. The RAAL tweeters are really something. 8)

roscoeiii

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2013, 02:16 am »
Now we just need a Nimbus review...

persisting1

« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2013, 02:22 am »

+1

I've also been waiting for a Sundog review, but I guess I'll have to wait until it gets colder  8)

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2013, 02:58 am »
Greg at The Stereo Times was wonderful to work with, and I truly thank him for his thorough efforts in capturing the soul of the Cirrus Black in words.  He also has a writing style that keeps the review light and fun.  I look forward to working with him again! 

As far as the use of the term forward, I don't mind at all.  He explains his context plenty so that you know where he's coming from, and what that word means to him.  Anybody who takes the time to read the full review will have a very good idea of how they sound. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #9 on: 19 Aug 2013, 02:59 am »

I've also been waiting for a Sundog review, but I guess I'll have to wait until it gets colder

There's a possibility of both of those happening very soon. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #10 on: 19 Aug 2013, 03:02 am »
I will happily review the Nimbus if you send a pair my way.

MerRev

« Reply #11 on: 19 Aug 2013, 03:11 am »
I have to echo Sturg's comments:
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Local boy does well. Congratulations Ryan nice write up. One day I would  love to hear pair in my system.
     :thumb:

Quite something Ryan!  His room would be a perfect fit for the Cirrus Black's and if it ever materializes I want a first row seat. 

Chris

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #12 on: 19 Aug 2013, 03:55 am »

Let's make it happen buddy!  Seriously, I'm going to PM you so we can talk details.