Breeze tour has begun!

medium jim

Re: Breeze tour has begun!
« Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2013, 04:09 am »
Not dissin other peoples equipment - but if that is the only source for music and it was all the rave from 2000 - 2005 - then i think it is crucial to the outcome
unless the cd player was upgraded within the last 2-3 years

how would you feel if i told you that im using an (realistic amp from radio shack circa 1975 and a marantz cd player circa 1987) - i think reviews should only be done with equip that is sort of up to date - at least within the last 2-3 years for a cd player and longer for a turntable

I'm not part of the tour, but must take exception to the remarks about the AH! Tjoeb CDP.  I own one and it beats anything in the 2.5k market right now IMHO. Such asinine bias is baseless and speaks of the mentality of the person making the remarks.

Then he doesn't even post what his system consists of, go figure.
Jim

medium jim

« Reply #21 on: 20 Apr 2013, 04:17 am »
im really only talking about a cd player that is about 10 years old - not anything else in the system - does everyone get it now?

i dont have a $100,000 system either - maybe 4-5 grand worth - but i have changed cd players abut 10 times over the last 20 years

Funny thing, I bought 3 CDP's in the last 10 years, I still have the AH! Tjoeb.  Why, because it still the best sounding and gets all the details from the CDs.

Jim

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2013, 04:56 am »
Ref. the uniformed poster, older Marantz players using the TDA1541S1 and TDA1540 chips are some of the best sounding and most sought after CDP's around.  For amps, I agree I wouldn't suggest Radio Shack as a source, but I'm running the power amp section from a NAD 3020B circa 1970's and it's trashing much more modern amps. 

Just a friendly FYI for those recently out of diapers, everything new isn't better.

Back to your regularly scheduled speaker tour.

medium jim

« Reply #23 on: 20 Apr 2013, 05:14 am »
Ref. the uniformed poster, older Marantz players using the TDA1541S1 and TDA1540 chips are some of the best sounding and most sought after CDP's around.  For amps, I agree I wouldn't suggest Radio Shack as a source, but I'm running the power amp section from a NAD 3020B circa 1970's and it's trashing much more modern amps. 

Just a friendly FYI for those recently out of diapers, everything new isn't better.

Back to your regularly scheduled speaker tour.

I would also add that the AH! Tjoeb's also have beefed up power supply's and a tube output stage that hosts a pair of 6DJ8 family tubes...in my case a pair of 1960's Siemens E188CC's

Now back to your regularly scheduled speaker tour :wink:

Jim

cujobob

« Reply #24 on: 20 Apr 2013, 05:59 am »
Well this thread detoured a bit heh.... Just thought I'd add that if you blind tested most sources, you'd find the differences to be quite minimal overall (all being CDP, same type files). For a review, speakers being set up properly in room, integrating subs correctly if using such, and having the speakers correctly powered are most of what should be important.

Anyways, on with the Breeze tour :)

ken

« Reply #25 on: 20 Apr 2013, 01:46 pm »
Is there a tentative schedule available from Ryan or Pete as to an approximate time we can expect to get the speakers. 

JohnR

ken

« Reply #27 on: 20 Apr 2013, 02:23 pm »
Thanks, should have checked a little more thoroughly

smargo

« Reply #28 on: 20 Apr 2013, 07:10 pm »
I'm not part of the tour, but must take exception to the remarks about the AH! Tjoeb CDP.  I own one and it beats anything in the 2.5k market right now IMHO. Such asinine bias is baseless and speaks of the mentality of the person making the remarks.

Then he doesn't even post what his system consists of, go figure.
Jim

as if you heard everything in the $2.5k range - that is totally asinine - the ah tjoeb is sort of ridiculous in technology compared to what is available today - i have a shanling cd 100 tubed cd player and opp 83se modified - they totally blow the roof off the tjoeb ah

so sad still clinging to old cd technology - dont know what your missing

medium jim

« Reply #29 on: 20 Apr 2013, 07:20 pm »
as if you heard everything in the $2.5k range - that is totally asinine - the ah tjoeb is sort of ridiculous in technology compared to what is available today - i have a shanling cd 100 tubed cd player and opp 83se modified - they totally blow the roof off the tjoeb ah

so sad still clinging to old cd technology - dont know what your missing

Have you even heard an AH! Tjoeb? I have heard both of the ones you named, said that you buy into new is better.  Funny how my local Stereo Store, Shelley's carries both, as well as Marantz.  Correction, used to carry Shanling....

Maybe new is better in Golf Technology, but not always in the case of audio....

Jim

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #30 on: 20 Apr 2013, 10:27 pm »
Yeah, can you believe anyone would be using tubes anymore?  So antiquated and passe.

medium jim

« Reply #31 on: 20 Apr 2013, 10:33 pm »
Yeah, can you believe anyone would be using tubes anymore?  So antiquated and passe.

I would shudder to think about spinning Vinyl...

Jim

Rclark

« Reply #32 on: 20 Apr 2013, 10:36 pm »

agreed.

medium jim

« Reply #33 on: 20 Apr 2013, 10:45 pm »
agreed.

Rclark:

Pete was being facetious  :lol:

Jim

Rclark

« Reply #34 on: 20 Apr 2013, 10:54 pm »
so was I.  8)

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #35 on: 14 May 2013, 08:00 pm »
Who has the tour set now?  Any more pics?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #36 on: 14 May 2013, 08:56 pm »
Roscoe gets them next.  He should have them by the beginning of next week.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #37 on: 19 May 2013, 12:16 pm »
Just thought I'd share my pic of the tour pair.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #38 on: 19 May 2013, 12:18 pm »
purdy