TNT Audio review of bookshelves

klaus@odyssey

« on: 17 Oct 2003, 06:26 pm »
Another heads up for a another really big deal for me:

Scott 's  review of the Epiphony's shouold come out this weekend on the  www.tnt-audio.com  website.  

For many of you the Lorelei review was great,  but the Epiphony's should be in the budget for everyone,  and while the Lorelei content was somewhat expected,  the  content of this review will come to a shock for some of you,  hehehe.

Late,

Klaus

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2003, 06:49 pm »
Yes, well, uh, but can Scott lick his own hairy manliness?  :lol:

Glad your speakers are finally getting the recognition they deserve and I'm looking forward to reading his review..

Scott F.

Re: TNT Audio review of bookshelves
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2003, 11:41 pm »
Quote from: klaus
......  the  content of this review will come to a shock for some of you,  hehehe.

It shouldn't be much of a shock to anybody that has heard them before  :D

Quote from: marbles
Yes, well, uh, but can Scott lick his own hairy manliness?

Well, I tried once but your really don't want to know the details.

Quote from: marbles
Glad your speakers are finally getting the recognition they deserve ..

They really are good. And when you consider their cost, it's almost a no brainer (providing you enjoy the sound I describe (or try to) in the article).

Hope you guys enjoy the read :)

Christophe35

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2003, 01:15 pm »
The review is online:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/epiphony_e.html

Christophe

Kenobi

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2003, 04:20 pm »
Klause,

Congrats on a great review of one of your fine speakers!  I hope to have a chance to try out a pair in the near future.  The Loreleis too appear to be stomping on a lot of your competitions.   Can't wait to see more reviews by the press.

Christophe: thanks for the link :beer:

Regards,

markC

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2003, 04:56 pm »
Congrats, Klause! Glad to see that you are starting to get the recognition that you so deserve.

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2003, 05:24 pm »
More than 18 months ago I got a chance to listen to the bookshelf speakers at DrPhoto's.

Here is what I said at that time regarding those speakers.

"I also got a chance to listen to the bookshelf speakers. These have the same VIFA* woofer as the nOrh 4.0’s. I think that the tweeter is a SEAS, but not positive. These are not very big, but a very heavy for their size.

The knuckle rap test let me know these are well made cabinets.

These image very well too, and reminded me very much of the 4.0’s. I didn’t have mine to AB with the bookshelf Odyssey’s, but it seemed like the ODG’s went just a bit lower than the nOrhs, and I couldn’t hear any cabinet coloration either. Take this with a grain of salt though as I did not do a direct AB comparison.
These bookshelf speakers image very very well. They throw soundstage to the outsides of the speakers and have a very well defined soundstage between the speakers. Very deep too. They have a sloped front baffle for time alignment."

* Looks like I was wrong on that woofer.

http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3607&highlight=vanessa

Scott, very nicely done.

Klaus, congrats on a very nice review of your speakers. I'm glad they are getting mainline reviews now and the recognition they have deserved for quite a while.

Scott F.

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2003, 05:43 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
* Looks like I was wrong on that woofer.

Don't feel bad, up until I had talked to Alain, I thought it was a Vifa too :oops:

Glad I'm hearing the same thing other people are. Sometimes I wonder. You should hear the Epiphany's behind Waynes Radii monoblocks (ooops sorry Klaus). They rock.

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2003, 05:46 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
Scott, very nicely done.

:oops: Forgot to say thanks :oops:

It was a pleasure doing the review and will continue to be one......I bought them.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2003, 11:38 pm »
HI absolutly great review, Klaus you are knockin out many others, better get some bodyguards, some may not be happy with you getting more exposure.

James Tg

You are a winner.
« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2003, 12:24 am »
Klaus:

I just read the article.  You are really an amp and speaker double winner.  If I get a chance, I would like to audion your speakers.  Congrats.

James Tang