Need help setting up Bluesound Node 2i

sunnydaze

Need help setting up Bluesound Node 2i
« on: 13 Sep 2020, 10:40 pm »
Plugged in unit, green light on.

Download the control app onto my Android phone.  Click on my network name and input the PW.  Now it's stuck in endless loop of "looking for player" for the past 15 mins.

So I download the app onto my Windows 10 laptop.  Same thing.

What next?

TEA FOR ONE

Re: Need help setting up Bluesound Node 2i
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2020, 10:45 pm »
I would try rebooting your WiFi router. After that,unplug the node for about 30 seconds or so,then plug it back in and try it again.

sunnydaze

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2020, 11:19 pm »
Did the trick.  Thanks!    :thumb:

Streaming Radio Paradise via Bluetooth.   Simple I know, but just learning this streaming / computer audio stuff.  This is gonna be fun!     :banana piano:

TEA FOR ONE

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2020, 11:26 pm »
Glad I could help. Enjoy!

bacobits1

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2020, 11:34 pm »
Yes sometimes you have to unplug the Node and that will reboot it. Mine did it when I first got it.
You may have to do this again at a later time if it gets fussy. Mine has been all solid connections all the time. I get a solid 237+ mb downloads all the time.

An Amazon eero "mesh router" has been flawless here with a Home station and 2 extenders the best connections for over a year now ($300). I have about 8 devices hooked up all the time. You do nothing it takes care of itself, all updated automatic, all settings from my phone.
Change that shitty stock Power Cable too, makes a difference.Using a WireWorld Mini Electra, with a Wywires Litespd Coax to Yiggy.as usual everything matters. The cables are more $$ than the Node 2i itself.
Yea I know more money........ :roll:

How's it sounding through your Boarder Patrol?

We'll be down to see ya!

sunnydaze

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2020, 11:47 pm »
Sounds great Den.  Way exceeding expectations from the get-go.  Struck immediately by stage size, image, layering, ease, tansparency and nuance.  No sense of fatigue, yet.  Should only improve as I get into better quality sources of music.

Using it in my 2nd system with Copland integrated,  JMR Twins + pair Gallo subs.  Crushes my cdp and makes my EE Minimax DAC Plus sound better than I thought it capable.  Twins also sound like I've upgraded them.

BP dac hasn't arrived yet.

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2020, 12:29 am »
Ya' know you might be able to bypass the need for Bluetooth and stream Radio Paradise directly from the Node.

From https://www.bluesound.com/products/node/

ALL THE MUSIC EVER RECORDED
With Airplay 2* built-in for easy integration into the Apple ecosystem, the NODE 2i is one of the most flexible streamers ever. Premium high-res music services like TIDAL®, Spotify® and Qobuz®—as well as virtually all other popular music services and Internet radio stations can be found directly inside the BluOS Controller app. Access your downloads, your iTunes library and any other content from a NAS drive, all without turning on a computer.

sunnydaze

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2020, 12:41 am »
Sorry, think I used the wrong terminology.

Meant to say streaming RP (using BluOS controller app) from router to Node, wireless.  Not Bluetooth.

It's all new to me.  Even the basic stuff.    :duh:

sunnydaze

« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2020, 03:46 pm »
Having fun playing around with Amazon Music on this thing.

Basic question:  why am I unable to adjust volume using the control app on my laptop (Asus Windows 10)?   I move the volume control and it has no effect.  Using the app on my android phone controls the volume perfectly.

bacobits1

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2020, 05:44 pm »
Maybe........ is it set to "fixed volume" in settings in the App on the laptop?

sunnydaze

« Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2020, 07:40 pm »
Maybe........ is it set to "fixed volume" in settings in the App on the laptop?

Nope.  Speaker logo, lower right corner of app.  When you set "fixed volume"  a lock picture appears on the speaker logo, and it plays much louder than mine does now.

If I set it to "unfixed" and click on the speaker logo, it mutes the sound.  But if I slide the adjuster right above it up / down the output is not effected.    :scratch:

sunnydaze

« Reply #11 on: 29 Aug 2021, 07:17 pm »
Been awhile, but I'll answer my own question.....in case someone else has same issue.

To fix non-working volume control on the laptop app, I simply get out of the app, and then open it again.  It seems when it's been open for awhile, sometimes the volume control gets "sticky".

Still enjoying this thing.  Liked it so much in the main rig I bought a PowerNode 2i for the 2nd system.  Paired with my Wharfedale Denton (80th Anniversary) speakers produces wonderful all day background streaming.  Great synergy in a simple streamlined package!   :thumb:  I had hesitation because of the built-in digital amp...thought it would be dry and unmusical.  Quite the opposite, with these speakers the output is rich, full, warm and engaging.

PS:  If you prize organic musicality these Dentons are a screaming deal when Music Direct offers them at $400 shipped.  Sure they are a touch rolled on top and not the last word in transparency, but with this very reasonable $$ rig I find myself listening to music instead of sounds.  Absolutely zero fatigue after 12 straight hours.   Engaging performance beyond admission price.