Salk Silk AT SOLD

TwymanJ

Salk Silk AT SOLD
« on: 29 May 2018, 10:19 pm »
Up for sale is a pair of the Salk Silk AT monitors in the standard curly walnut finish. I purchased these directly from Jim about three years ago.  They are the original pair of these that he built and are rear ported rather than the front slot ports. These are top flight stand mounts, and I hate to see them go, but I'm getting ready to move to a new apartment and need to do some downsizing.

These are in excellent condition.  There's one tiny nit on the upper inner edge of the right speaker (assuming you mount the offset tweeters to the inside) that I've touched up with a walnut marker. It's pretty much invisible even on close inspection but can just be felt if you run your finger along the edge. I have to hunt for it, and I know where it is, but didn't want someone to notice and be disappointed.  I've included as detailed a pic as I could get of that particular edge,  in which it doesn't show.

Only other thing to note is I didn't receive any grills from Jim with these. If I recall correctly,  I think he did say the baffles had the mounting magnets,  so he may be able to provide you with a pair of grills if you really need them.

These are currently $3,595 plus shipping new from Jim. For simplicity,  let's call it an even $2,200, and I'll cover the PayPal fees and shipping to anywhere in the lower forty-eight. I have all of Jim's excellent quality shipping materials,  so shipping shouldn't be an issue,  but local pick-up in the Atlanta area is always preferred. Local audition with a bit of notice is also possible.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2018, 03:01 am by TwymanJ »

TwymanJ

Re: Salk Silk AT
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2018, 10:29 pm »
I've been a member on AC for years but almost never post (just nothing useful to say), but you can check me out on Audiogon where I've also been a member for years (I'm a dinosaur) and have an extensive trading history.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

TwymanJ

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2018, 10:31 pm »

TwymanJ

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2018, 10:32 pm »

TwymanJ

« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2018, 10:40 pm »

Sorry about that upside down room.  Hopefully,  someone who knows what they're doing will take pity on me and reorient.

Will2

« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2018, 11:18 pm »
Hi - nice looking speakers - I'm interested - can you help with the dimensions as they are rear-ported and I think the dimensions on the Salk site are for the front-ported ones.

Thanks
Will

TwymanJ

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2018, 01:18 am »
Sure, they're 9"w X 12"d X 15"h. An inch shorter than the specs listed on the Salk site, which I expect is a function of the location of the port. Thanks for your interest and let me know if you have other questions.

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2018, 09:48 am »

TwymanJ

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2018, 04:58 pm »
Thanks, GentleBender!

TwymanJ

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2018, 02:53 pm »
Price drop to $2,100, including shipping.

TwymanJ

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jun 2018, 11:55 pm »
Bump for price drop to $2,000 to match new Audiogon ad. If you've wanted a pair of Salks,  with the Raal tweeter,  excellent Audio Technology woofers,  and no months long wait time, this is a nice deal.

TwymanJ

Re: Salk Silk AT SOLD
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jun 2018, 03:02 am »
Thanks, Mike!