Okay guys. I need a little help finding a receiver.

bhassel

Re: Okay guys. I need a little help finding a receiver.
« Reply #20 on: 12 Dec 2023, 09:11 am »
I understand the NAD. I have one but I've been using an IOTA setup (direct to consumer). I'm still hanging onto the NAD. https://iotavx.com/Home.

I have also used Denon. But gave that one to my brother.

I have the SA3 (2 channel pre-amp) and the PA3) power amp. They are not as forward as the Emotiva, which fits my tastes better.

Definitely, worth checking the IOTA out for a budget setup with good sound. I heard my first soundstage with those pushing some Elac towers. with cheap cables.

Now when am I going to start building my NX Studio kit?

Bob

==========================

Sorry mossed the HDMI needs...

DigIndig

« Reply #21 on: 12 Dec 2023, 05:45 pm »
If money isn't a concern, get an Anthem. The AV Processors (and their receivers) have more than enough inputs and configuration options that you will be happy. It offers an amazing amount of configuration: you can set up profiles for watching a movie in surround with full room correction and another for stereo listening with no processing (unless you want to roll off the low end and send it to a sub). Their receivers with built-in amps have the same feature set. Personally, I went with the processor because I like the idea of being able to upgrade or swap the amps at will, and I'm not powering amps for channels I'm not using.

Previously, I had a holiday special Onkyo (discounted older middle-of-the-line model) that has served me well for 5+ years for under $400 (a strategy I highly recommend given the state of most consumer receivers these days). It was more than enough until 1 - I got a new 8k tv and wanted full 8k support; and 2 - an older Onkyo died of heat exhaustion and had to be replaced. Since that one sees little use anymore, it made more sense to retire this one to a mostly idle life and upgrade my main system. I have no complaints.

rinzzlr

« Reply #22 on: 12 Dec 2023, 08:42 pm »
Anthem MRX1140 8K.

Should be all you need for the HDMI 2.1 era.

What I love about it is the Speaker Profiles and Virtual inputs.

With the speaker profiles you can assign/activate different speakers. Mains only for example on Profile 1, Mains + Subs on Profile 2, Mains + Subs + other bed channels on Profile 3, and All speakers on Profile 4.
Then each of the profiles can have their own output levels and crossovers settings.

The virtual inputs allows you to assign various inputs like HDMI4 for video and Analog 2 for audio + one of the speaker profiles. I think the limit for virtual inputs is around 60.  This could let you have 4 virtual inputs with the same video and audio source, but with 4 difference speaker profiles if you wanted to A/B between configurations on the fly.

Also ARC is pretty good room correction which will spit out a PDF report when it’s finished.

Some of the reasons why I would recommend Anthem. You can also use any web browser to access the AVR, like my SS’s above from my MRX1140.

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Reply #23 on: 12 Dec 2023, 10:17 pm »
DANNY, I HAVE FOR SALE A NAD A/V RECEIVER I'M SELLING. I SENT YOU A P.M.

This is a ad I posted on Craigslist of the receiver.  Yes the photo's are the actual NAD receiver. Don't laugh to hard at my cheesey Christmas photo.
Not many receiver at this price have cooling fan's. I WILL SHIP TO YOU DANNY, IF INTERESTED.

SOLD TO DANNY :thumb: :xmas:  :drums:
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2023, 09:00 pm by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »

KTS

« Reply #24 on: 12 Dec 2023, 11:40 pm »
I have always liked Emotiva products, assembled in Tennessee. They have a lot of options to choose from.

rtate

« Reply #25 on: 13 Dec 2023, 03:16 pm »
I have used both Denon and Pioneer receivers and while sounding adequate they all had HDMI board failures at one point.
I then went to Anthem and never looked back !

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #26 on: 13 Dec 2023, 10:12 pm »
I have to agree with Anthem.  I have a friend that had a Yamaha and looked at their top of the line receivers as well as Marantz.  The Anthem AVR blew them away.  He is running it with Focal Kanta towers and they sound great.