NOH More.......

JoshK

NOH More.......
« Reply #20 on: 4 Feb 2005, 01:46 am »
TKP,

What amp are you using?  Do you have access to a schematic?  An ideal solution would be to reduce the gain in your amp to better match your speakers, reduce distortion and minimize attenuation.  Its a thought and then you could keep your Bent as is without worrying about disallowing for other source voltages.

tkp

NOH More.......
« Reply #21 on: 4 Feb 2005, 05:57 am »
Quote from: JoshK
TKP,

What amp are you using?  Do you have access to a schematic?  An ideal solution would be to reduce the gain in your amp to better match your speakers, reduce distortion and minimize attenuation.  Its a thought and then you could keep your Bent as is without worrying about disallowing for other source voltages.

Josh,

I will never sale the Bent.  It is simply too good to let go.  I do have the schematic of the amp and I can mod the amp to have lower gain.  As a matter of fact, I already modded the amp to get the best sound.  I have not thought about lowering the gain.  

Greatly appreciate for reminding me of this option.  I probably will go this route if I cannot come up with a volume control combination that I want.

JJF

Noh more...
« Reply #22 on: 7 Feb 2005, 12:46 pm »
I am sorry to hear the NOH is Noh more. I have purchased mine in Aug   of 2003  ( it nust have been one of the first shipping NOHs) and it is still a pivotal element of my audio system. I bought it on base of John´s patient advice and my gut feeling, I have never heared a passive amp before, and boy, was I right...
Just one question - has the NOH been upgraded or modified since 2003 ? If so, should I consider upgrading mine ?

Greetings,

JJ