Linked Events

• Zu Tour 2012 in Princeton NJ: 7 Jul 2012

Zu Tour 2012 in Princeton NJ

shadowlight

Re: Zu Tour 2012 in Princeton NJ
« Reply #60 on: 3 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm »
Just a reminder, Shadowlight maintains a meat and alcohol free household.

And kick your shoes off at the door.

I'll be at Princeton Record Exchange prior to the GTG for those who wish to join me.

Gene

Thanks Gene.

trackball02

« Reply #61 on: 4 Jul 2012, 02:03 am »
I wish I could attend.

I see that the upgraded Superfly Mk1-B will be there. Let me know how it sounds. I'm interested in upgrading my Superfly to this new version. Thanks.

milford3

« Reply #62 on: 7 Jul 2012, 01:38 pm »
See everyone tomorrow.  My girlfriend has never attended an event like this.  I said enjoy the music, food and drink, and most important, a way to meet Audio Circle members. 

Charles Xavier

« Reply #63 on: 7 Jul 2012, 02:04 pm »
See everyone tomorrow.  My girlfriend has never attended an event like this.  I said enjoy the music, food and drink, and most important, a way to meet Audio Circle members. 

It's today  :scratch:

shadowlight

« Reply #64 on: 7 Jul 2012, 03:36 pm »
Yep, it is today and not tomorrow

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #65 on: 7 Jul 2012, 03:39 pm »
That's why he said the 7th and not the 8th, so it would be today.   :thumb:

Hoping in my car now.

this_is_vv

« Reply #66 on: 7 Jul 2012, 04:46 pm »
Should be there in 2 hrs

richidoo

« Reply #67 on: 7 Jul 2012, 07:11 pm »
Have fun guys, and please post lots of pictures!
Rich

tonyptony

« Reply #68 on: 7 Jul 2012, 10:44 pm »
I guess I'm the first one back (had some stuff to do at home). I want to thank Shadowlight and his family for a wonderful, inviting experience. Great hosts, great food. Sean was a tremendous addition as the man behind Zu. Lots of great stuff to hear. Gotta run - I suspect the rest of the gang will have their inputs posted in short order.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #69 on: 8 Jul 2012, 05:17 pm »
What a wonderful day with wonderful hosts.  Equal parts talking and listening, Sean Casey regaled us with stories of the genesis of Zu Audio, where it's been and where it's going.  Deepak and his family were fabulous hosts with delicious food and drink, different dishes magically appearing throughout the day.  All genuinely nice people that you instantly like being around.

Deepak has an impressive home theater room in the basement (more of a lower floor than basement as it's completely finished) where the near flagship Definition Mk IV's resided.  Dynamic and detailed, truth be told I would have turned up the subwoofer a bit.  Many brought their own music, heavily weighted to the Jazz genre.  Flea watt tube amps that Deepak has already detailed in this thread, Lp's spun by Zu's modified SL1200 and Denon DL cart.   

Upstairs in the family room we had alternately Omen Def's and Soul Superfly's powered by a Jolida integrated and later Tommy's powerhouse Cherry amp, not sure which models.  While Zu speakers are suppose to be for low powered tube amps, I have to say I preferred the more ballsy presentation on the Cherry's.  And the little (comparatively) Superfly turned out to be my favorite.  Sean was explaining why this was so to a group in the kitchen that I only caught the tail end of, maybe someone in that conversation might chime in, something about how the soundstage is presented.

It was great meeting so many AC'ers and a few non AC people.  Everyone enjoyable to talk to, always graciously giving up a sweet spot seat to a new arrival.  We did have one notable attendee, Steve Guttenberg from Stereophile, Inner Fidelity, C-Net, The Audiophiliac, etc. fame was in attendance, nice guy, very unassuming, introduced himself only as "Steve" to me.  A great time had by all I'm sure, and another grateful thanks to Deepak and his lovely family for opening up their home so graciously.

Meeting and greeting

Def Mk IV's in Deepak's basement Home Theater / Listening room.

In the family room with Omen Def's

Deepak's lovely family preparing lunch while Wolfy and Pumkinman "supervise"

Tommy from Digital Amplifier choosing some tunes

Tommy made me post a pic of his Cherry amp

roscoeiii

« Reply #70 on: 8 Jul 2012, 06:39 pm »
PLease tell me that y'all remembered to add to the fabulous lonewolf with speakers & beverage photo collection.

roscoeiii

« Reply #71 on: 8 Jul 2012, 06:40 pm »
Also looking forward to more impressions of the Zus and the amps on hand.

Gopher

« Reply #72 on: 9 Jul 2012, 01:28 am »
The meet was a great time--I enjoyed meeting many of my forum friends in person.

Deepak, thanks so much for hosting the event.  You have a beautiful home and a very warm, welcoming family. 

The new nano tech drivers are really nice.  Hearing the Soul Superflys I owned outfitted with them was somewhat of a jaw dropper.  The Def 4s downstairs were really special.  Very transparant but with weight, texture and presence--very holographic.  I loved it so much I committed to purchasing a pair of Def 2s which I will be outfitting with the new drivers.

Did my Redgum ever get into play?  Lonewolf, were you able to snag it for me after the meet?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #73 on: 9 Jul 2012, 02:06 am »
Did my Redgum ever get into play?

No.... :(

Lonewolf, were you able to snag it for me after the meet?

I have it Fred..... :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #74 on: 9 Jul 2012, 02:10 am »
PLease tell me that y'all remembered to add to the fabulous lonewolf with speakers & beverage photo collection.

Here you go.... :beer:

Zu Audio Definition Mk.IV

Zu Audio Soul Superfly

roscoeiii

« Reply #75 on: 9 Jul 2012, 02:31 am »
Looking good lonewolf.

Fred, good to see you back in Zu land. Those speakers really hit a sweet spot for you.

Gopher

« Reply #76 on: 9 Jul 2012, 02:39 am »
My VR-33s are capable of some real beauty themselves and work far better in the room then the Superflys did--they stage and load it wonderfully, but I'm thinking the Defs will level that playing field some.   :thumb:

It will be interesting comparing them!  I'm having a great listening session right now with my Vons.

shadowlight

« Reply #77 on: 10 Jul 2012, 01:27 am »
Thanks everyone for coming over.  I had a great time meeting everyone.  For everyone who missed the Almarro and Def IV combination that was played later in the evening that combination is likely to be playing at Capital Audiofest.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #78 on: 10 Jul 2012, 01:42 am »
Here you go.... :beer:

Zu Audio Definition Mk.IV

Zu Audio Soul Superfly

Hey, you stole copyrighted material!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: