• Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Illuminismo
« on: 25 Apr 2019, 02:33 am »
A picture from south of the border...

lkaire75

Re: Illuminismo
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2019, 03:30 pm »
First impression after initial listening session is WOW!!!!, the detail is fantastic!

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2019, 05:07 pm »
First impression after initial listening session is WOW!!!!, the detail is fantastic!

No surprise there ... enjoy!
Cheers,
Lester

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2019, 05:36 pm »
Those look beautiful.  That also looks like a pretty cool room that they are in.

RZSERGIO

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2019, 11:40 pm »
They look Great! Felicidades!, if ever around Queretaro, we have three Selah Speakers you can listen to, enjoy your speakers, they look amazing!

Bittermidget

« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2019, 11:42 pm »
In the early stages of building 3 Illuminismos (L/C/R) to be placed behind a screen wall.  Images of these are inspiring and make me want to quit my job to finish quicker!  Just got the MDF and am starting to cut to size.  May I ask what speakers you are coming from and what specific impressions can you provide for the Illuminismo sound?

lkaire75

« Reply #6 on: 5 May 2019, 06:43 pm »
Thanks to Tyson and Lester!!

To Sergio, I'm in Leon, so we are very close, thank you!

lkaire75

« Reply #7 on: 5 May 2019, 06:55 pm »
Answering Bittermidget, thank you, I´m coming from PSB Image T6, so its a big jump!!

The PSB are very dark in comparison to the Illuminismo, the Illuminismo are a more neutral speaker, with a lot of detail(without harshness, and the treble is non fatiguing), imaging and soundstage are great too, they are so effortless, bass is great but not at the beginning, you have to give them at least 30 to 40 hours and then the bass starts to blossom. I have them playing for 11 eleven days today, so i will update my comments after the first month.

Bittermidget

« Reply #8 on: 6 May 2019, 11:09 pm »
That's great to hear and I think you're absolutely correct in waiting until you've had a long listen before drawing too many conclusions.  I do look forward to your opinions down the road.

My woofer spacing will be a little different and cabinets will be more rectangular.  I needed a front port, so Rick did a nice redesign of the cabinet drawings to get that large port to fit on the baffle.

I suspect the Illuminismo kit will begin to draw more attention once it's been out a little longer.  In all honestly, the kit price is very reasonable for top shelf components and a professional crossover to this level.  I hope to have functional speakers by early summer and look forward to spending some time listening.

ENJOY!

lkaire75

« Reply #9 on: 9 Oct 2019, 06:37 pm »
After 5 months enjoying the Illuminismo loudspeakers, i have to say all my initial comments are confirmed, these are fantastic speakers, bass is fantastic, fast, articulated, tight, all the adjectives you want to add, mid and treble the same a lot of detail and non fatiguing, you can listen for hours.

I have used them all this time without a subwoofer even for movies, they can shake my room, so i imagine that the in room bass extension is even lower than the original Rick measurements, probably Rick specs are on the conservative side.

I'm gonna ask Rick to design a center channel using the exact same drivers, that's how much i like these speakers.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2019, 04:23 pm »
After 5 months enjoying the Illuminismo loudspeakers, i have to say all my initial comments are confirmed, these are fantastic speakers, bass is fantastic, fast, articulated, tight, all the adjectives you want to add, mid and treble the same a lot of detail and non fatiguing, you can listen for hours.

I have used them all this time without a subwoofer even for movies, they can shake my room, so i imagine that the in room bass extension is even lower than the original Rick measurements, probably Rick specs are on the conservative side.

I'm gonna ask Rick to design a center channel using the exact same drivers, that's how much i like these speakers.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to working on the center channel!