Was at Best Buy today

bubba966

Was at Best Buy today
« on: 10 Jan 2007, 01:09 am »
And saw that they had a whole stack of 60gb PS3's for sale. And nobody seemed to want one. :lol:

Apparently the situation was the same at EB when I stopped by there later.

But forget trying to find a Wii anywhere...

Woodsea

Re: Was at Best Buy today
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2007, 04:00 am »
I see that here on the east coast as I did last week on the other US coast, Brian.  Thank goodness I am not pining for a Wii,  I can wait until May.

gitarretyp

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2007, 07:13 am »
PS3s are no problem to find here (austin), either. I've seen them sitting on shelves for the past week or so. I've been looking for a wii since before christmas, however.

mca

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2007, 05:12 pm »
No Wii and no DS Lite anywhere to be found. It's good news that Nintendo has been selling them like crazy. I just hope I can find a DS Lite before my vacation to Mexico in February!

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2007, 05:17 pm »
I see that here on the east coast as I did last week on the other US coast, Brian.  Thank goodness I am not pining for a Wii,  I can wait until May.

May???? Oh, man, why didn't I preorder :nono:.  I have yet to see a PS3 here in the NY area.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2007, 04:15 am »
It's gonna hard to give a 360 away, too, with the Zephyr coming soon.  I won't waste my money on the current one, that's for sure.

Se7en

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2007, 03:41 am »
I read today that Sony claims to have "shipped" 2 million PS3s (this technically breaks console records for units manufactured at launch) but they have only sold through 6-800,000 units.

This is really bad news for Sony, they better start making some good games for that thing soon.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2007, 12:04 pm »
They may have to re-think that $600 price tag.  That's frankly a retarded amount of money for a game system.  You couldn't pay me to take a Wii, but it's the only budget choice, even though it's more "1.1 gen" than "next gen."  I'd really like to have a P3, but until there's a few more games I can't really justify the price tag.  Especially if the 360 "Zephyr" hits the stores soon.