Little Dipole Woofer Review at "The Secrets"

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
Little Dipole Woofer Review at "The Secrets"
« on: 13 May 2021, 03:04 am »
Dear Fellow Gassers,  Carlo Lo Raso just posted his review of my LDW Model 1's along with Robert Raus's Airborne Magna Riser stands and the wonderful Magnepan Little Ribbon Speakers on Yhe Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity webzine.  He wrote a great review and he is not a Maggie guy, BUT he loved the LRS / LDW Model 1 combination.

While you are surfing, check out my new website, www.vpeelectrodynamics.com.  You might even see a shot of the SLSO in Powell Hall !

Cheers, Binger

popthinker

Scott F.

Re: Little Dipole Woofer Review at "The Secrets"
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2021, 11:19 pm »
Hey Don,

Pretty cool solution for the LRS's. For not much coin, you take them (pretty much) full range. All the Maggie goodness plus some much needed bass extension  :thumb:

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2021, 03:59 am »
Dear Fellow Gassers - I have my review pair of LRS's and LDW Model 1's, Magna Riser stands and my Schiit Vidar power amp back from the journalists.  The wife won't let me have "unwashed infidels" in the house, (yet), BUT I have a better proposition for ALL of you.  For anyone in the Greater St. Louis area that wants to hear these babies do their thing, I will personally come to your house, set them up and not come back for 2 weeks or until you want the stuff out.  All you need to supply is a preamp and your music sources.  I guarantee you will enjoy the experience.  The LRS is the second coming of the Quad ESL, and this woofer makes it full-range and allows it to play loud.  Sound to die for and (relatively) inexpensive.

I am believer that as good as a professional review is, (and Carlos "The Secrets" review was pretty good......), word-of-mouth is better, so I am ready willing and able for you good folks to try these out and tell me what you think. 

Sturgis - you get first dibs, because you asked me about this before the plague struck us all.

Just PM me here or call (314) 295-5961.  Also, check out www.vpeelectrodynmics.com

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2021, 11:30 am »
Don:
Looks great and a solid, functional design. Will be nice to hear them in the future. Great review and best of luck with your new VPE subs.
Chris H.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2021, 01:17 am »
Thanks - we are selling a few each month by word of mouth.  We will be at AXPONA in April
in the Expo Hall with a working pair and a pair of Maggie LRS speakers, along with Rob Raus of Magna Riser.

Also check out our website at www.vpeelectrodynamics.com !

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2021, 11:02 am »
Looks like it worked out well for those little monsters.