A Current Question

ZLS

A Current Question
« on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:51 pm »
    I was using a newer Technologies mini Stack v3 as my outboard HD with my Imac. 
Everything was find and dandy, until I went to turn on my Imac and got a "Not Readable" box
I went to repair permissions, but my computer (and I went to another Imac that I have also)
would not even allow me to do that. 
The only thing that I changed recently was putting a Pangea AC-9 power cord on it. 
The AC-9 passes a lot of current (get it!) so I ask is it possible that is what damaged my
miniStack. 
    I am now using my backup mini Stack that has 90% of my music on it (Thanks Crimson). 

Any thoughts?

Any suggestions for a good reliable HD that sounds good and is rugged (1-1.5 TB)

Thank You

Crimson

Re: A Current Question
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2010, 06:41 pm »
For portable storage, I use these.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2010, 07:07 pm »
The only thing that I changed recently was putting a Pangea AC-9 power cord on it.  The AC-9 passes a lot of current (get it!) so I ask is it possible that is what damaged my miniStack. 

Any component (when operating properly) will only draw the current that the circuitry is designed to draw, regardless of how large the current capacity of the power cord is.

Even using a Shunyata Anaconda CX 7-gauge 1-1/2" thick power cord will only draw what the component requires and no more.  The only downsides would probably be the ridiculously large expense and the huge sheer weight that could torque the component to the floor and smash it's face.

Steve

ZLS

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:09 pm »
     Thanks Gentlemen. 

I am shipping the HD back to the distributor (Mac Sales).

I am purchasing the HD recommended by Crimson; his advice has never failed me in the past. 

Thanks C